SEARCH THIS SITE:

Beauty Box 5 Review February 2013

With this month's box, Beauty Box 5 turns one year old. This event was marked with a special inclusion for all subscribers: An adorable little compact inscribed with the BB5 logo! The box was a bit delayed this month, but for a good reason: The boxes had such large sample sizes in them this month that the old shipping method had to be changed to a different shipping option. Therefore, this time our pleasantly heavy BB5 came via USPS.

The BB5 Foldable Brush Compact: A beautiful Tiffany blue shade that says "Beauty Box 5" on the front. Pop it open to find a mirror and a small round brush that pops up. Such a useful item to have in the purse -- definitely a space saver.

H2O Bath Acquatics Shampoo: A generous 1.25 oz sample that will last for several uses, even with my long hair. It's non-drying and formulated to be extra gentle to give your hair that "just washed" feeling even if it's been a few days since washing. I'm not familiar with this brand, but it smells simply amazing and has a gentle tingle on your scalp!












Coolway Boost: A 1 oz deluxe sample that functions as a conditioner, but also straightens your hair before you even leave the shower. This is a fairly expensive product ($20 for a full size, which is about 8 oz) so it's great to try a product like this long enough to really decide if it's for me. The sample will give me at least 4-5 uses. Fortunately my hair is fairly straight already but this really did make the already short process of getting to "stick straight" even faster. It would be a huge help to anyone who has curly or wavy hair if they like to straighten.

Tree Hut Shea Sugar Body Scrub:  I got Coconut Lime ( others got Tropical Mango.) The scent is so incredibly yummy. This is a very large 5.5 oz sample,  about a third of the full size package (which is huge!) I enjoy the Tree Hut brand because it is exfoliating without being painful about it. This is the best smelling Tree Hut scrub I've ever had!







Brush Guards: Any beauty product lover is likely to have a collection of brushes that are probably not cleaned often enough. (yes I am guilty of this myself!) These cool little nets fit over the brush, helping it keep its form while you cleanse it in a gentle cleaner and water. This sample pack had an XS, S, and M size brush guard.  I've been inspired to clean my brush collection now that I don't need to worry about them losing shape.









A $50.00 gift card for a downloadable workout from iTrain. The site offers MM3 and Podcast workouts and has everything from hardcore workouts to beginner plans. I think the sculpting with ballet classes look like fun! This is actually a gift card, no minimum purchase to use it. And lots of workouts on the site can be picked up for around $10 to $30!






This was a fantastic box! BB5 always sends out great boxes but the brush/compact mirror made this one extra fun for me. The only thing missing this month was the adorable organza bag holding all the products -- however the products were so large that they would never have been contained by those cute bags this time.

If you want a fun inexpensive sub in the $10 to $15 range, this may be a great option for you. BB5 tends to have a little less makeup and a bit more body care/hair/fun makeup tools, but they do send out awesome makeup samples too. Ipsy spends more money on promotion, as does BirchBox, so they are better known - but BB5 is a fantastic sub with a smaller subscriber base that is definitely on its way up! This puts it in the category of being right alongside ipsy as my favorite $10 range beauty sub! They ship during second to third week of the month and arrive around end of the month.

To get the next BB5 for yourself, visit the site here: Sign up for Beauty Box 5!
 .

4 comments:

  1. I WANT THE BRUSH THING it's SO CUTE!!! I am getting this now and I am on ipsy wait listed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I
    have truly enjoyed browsing your blog posts.
    In any case I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon!

    Here is my web page; Nuvocleanse

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someone essentially lend a hand to make seriously articles I might state.

    That is the very first time I frequented your web page and so far?
    I surprised with the analysis you made to create this
    particular post extraordinary. Magnificent activity!

    Review my web blog; peel off facial mask

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there! Do you know if they make any plugins to assist with SEO?
    I'm trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords
    but I'm not seeing very good success. If you know of any please share.

    Thanks!

    Review my weblog 1285 Muscle (www.label-artisan-restaurateur.fr)

    ReplyDelete