There is a heck of a lot that GlossyBox could have done with the "International Style" theme. They've done it beautifully before, so hopes were/are quite high for this box. Happened to see this on The Beauty High site today and, well, I'm not quite madly in love with the GB this month. The international intrigue isn't there for sure. We can give up dreaming of a Burberry lipstick again, it seems. Not even any fancy toothpaste this time.
Looks like products include Bvlgari (round cake of soap,) Nail Rock (nail wraps, generally found at WalMart), Super Aqua (from Missha, a foil sample of a snail slime mask), and evologie (blemish treatment). We will also get an eyeliner and lipgloss (LiSi cosmetics).
See the photo here: Beauty High GB Photo.
I got mine today. It was my first Glossybox and I'm pretty disappointed. The soap is nice, but the rest doesn't exactly scream "International" to me. Those nail stickers are cheap - mine are a gold metallic leopard print that I wouldn't wear in a million years (my nieces will love them). Thanks to subscription boxes, I now own enough black eyeliner to last me the rest of my life. And this one is only worth $7. I didn't get lipgloss - I wish. Instead I got a pink shimmer highlighting powder (another straight-to-the-nieces item). No foil packet either - it's 2 sample tubes of a serum and blemish creme. Those I'll keep. Not a great box, especially compared to past boxes, which I looked at on the Glossybox site before I decided to get the international box. I may try one more month though, before I decide to keep them or not. It's not worth it if this is the kind of stuff they send.
ReplyDeleteCompletely understand your thoughts on the Feb. box. I just hate that you had to have such a crap box (the ONLY GB I would ever call "crap") for your first. I don't have the box in hand yet but ... unfortunately it appears the spoilers were true with the exception of the either/or on the snail mask/shimmer powder stuff. December and January were so darn awesome that I DEFINITELY did not think they'd drop the ball like this. I am hoping in March we're back to the awesome boxes we usually see from them.
ReplyDelete