SEARCH THIS SITE:

Wantable Review: A True Makeup Lover's Box!


Wantable.co is a new entry into the subscription box world, but they are poised to capture the hearts of makeup and jewelry loving sub addicts! When the company started, it was quarterly and it recently transitioned into a monthly subscription. If you subscribe monthly, you'll pay $36, and if you want to buy occasional boxes without subscribing, you'll pay $40. You can cancel anytime, so the subscription is the best option in my opinion. Each box has a minimum of $80 in value, and may top $100 in retail value, so it's a guaranteed great deal.

The makeup box (there is also a jewelry box for the same price!) contains 4 to 6 full size premium makeup items that were selected by beauty professional Teresa "T" Sammarco. You'll receive information detailing every item in the box, and even details on proper application and use.

My favorite thing about Wantable is that you have a huge amount of control over the products you get. Many monthly subs will have you fill out a beauty profile and then proceed to ignore it by sending you wildly inappropriate items for your skin. Wantable is completely different -- they let you make the choice about the product types you'll get and they really pay attention to what you say.

When you log on, you will be prompted to take a fun little makeup quiz. First, you'll be asked to choose which makeup types you want to receive. Options are:
  • Brows                                
  • Eyeliner
  • Mascara
  • Highlighter
  • Lip Color
  • Nail Polish
  • Eye shadow 
  • Blush
Choose as many or as few as you like. I eliminated blush, since I don't use it normally, and said "yes" on everything else. The quiz asked for my preferences on colors (bold, earthy, etc) and asked me to input my skin tone, hair color, and eye color. Well, that quiz works amazingly well -- and Wantable pays attention to everything it says. My package could not have been any more perfect for me. My review of Wantable is 100 percent glowing for both the customization and the amazing product quality that I received.

One pet peeve many of us have with makeup subs is getting strange shades that we could never or would never wear. Well, the shades I received were exactly what I pick out for myself when shopping. It's not often that I find EVERY item a perfect fit, but Wantable nailed it.

My favorite item of the box was the first one I opened. This Beauty for Real Illuminating Lip Gloss was not only a lovely subtle shade, but it has special features: A light up lid and a built in side mirror!

Cool Plumping lip gloss in "Just Lust."
This lip plumper is tingly, cools the lips, and has a beautiful color.
Just click the button atop the lid to switch the light on and off.
Beautiful shadow duo from MiA BelleZZa in "Moca." A lovely (well pigmented) duo of brown tones.
Swatch wheel: 1 coat, 2 coats, 3 coats, and 1 coat with Nailtini Millionaire atop it.

MiA BelleZZa Mascara for Sensitive Eyes in Black. Lovely packaging!
My Face Cosmetics lip pencil in medium beige.


Spadoro Eau de Parfum samples in Deux Amour and Sole Nero, Kai fragrance sample.

The entire box was extremely cohesive: Each shade is in the same family (exactly the colors I requested in my quiz) and they all work together perfectly. This is a full makeup look in one box, and each product is full sized and exudes quality.

The fragrances are nice to try, and I don't have any problem with their inclusion because I got so many full sized makeup items -- these little extras are of the atomizer type, definitely the best for perfume samples!

If you are looking for a makeup subscription, or even a single purchase, in which you will get a lot of full size makeup customized for you -- this is a perfect choice. If you need to build your makeup collection, Wantable can help you get a highly customized collection quickly.

This is the best all makeup subscription I have tried and I highly recommend it. I have not tried Wantable's jewelry box, but they offer similar plans for on-trend jewelry. I'll have other reviews of Wantable coming up soon, so stay tuned! You can get your own Wantable box here: Wantable.co







8 comments:

  1. wow i've been looking for a box that really does just makeup without all the body lotions and stuff, this looks great, gonna try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely a box for makeup lovers! It's so nice to get a great array of makeup customized just for you. :)

      Delete
  2. Looks like a fantastic box. Love that they listen,I get so annoyed when company's ask for your likes etc and send things that are sooo not something you could use. Oh Kai perfume,how does it smell?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was incredibly impressed that the info I entered into my profile was really observed and put into action! The Kai is interesting, it says that it smells different on each person. I am getting a lot of floral notes, maybe gardenia.

      Delete
  3. Can you do skips if you need to skip a month? I want a lip gloss like that and the nail polish also!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MakinUp, you can skip months on Wantable, yes! They are very flexible. The lip gloss was not only adorable, but I tried the color yesterday and it really is very nice. It's a plumper!

      Delete
  4. I just ordered mine yesterday do they take long to get there? thank you for reviewing, i hadn't heard of them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary, They are VERY quick with their orders in my experience. Literally days after ordering, I think certainly within a week is normal for Wantable. They are just great with customer care.

    ReplyDelete