SEARCH THIS SITE:

April LootCrate Review: LootCrate Token Theme!

Everything was packed inside a neon orange cinch pack!
The theme this month was "Token," as in arcade token.
LootCrate is the ideal subscription box for the gamers and the geeks in your life. It's also a real piece of nostalgia for those who were children of the 80s and the 90s. If you can remember spending part of your childhood in the arcades of the late 1980s and the early to mid 90s...this will make you smile.

Everything was packaged in this cute bright orange cinch pack with the "Mushroom Kingdom Circuit Racing" logo on it. Great Mario Kart reference, and a nice nod to the fact that Mario Kart actually was in the arcades at one time (not just in our homes, as most of us remember) -- it was one of the first sit down head-to-head racers. 
Mario Kart themed Cinch Pack: Ah, the hours I've spent racing for the Mushroom, Flower, and Star cups...the memories of all my infuriating falls from that damn Rainbow Road...


This cute bag, useful for anything lightweight that you need to tote around, helps you proclaim your Mario-lover status to the world. Gym bag for sure, and I'll use it anywhere else I can get away with too.
My first Street Fighter exposure was in around 1995 and I've never forgotten it. Street Fighter II introduced me to the joys of the fighter, and many will unquestionably say it's the best in its genre. My heart was taken by the Tekken franchise the same year I found SFII, and Soul Calibur will always be a favorite too...but that was all thanks to the groundwork laid by Street Fighter franchise. We must give SF the recognition it deserves as the king of the arcade fighters. These two fantastic items -- a SF figure and a SF keychain -- from Kid Robot are the most fun way to remember SF. These were both blind boxes so there are many variations.
Blue skin Blanka. He has jointed moveable arms!
Chun-Li VS Vega!
Signature moves for the fighters engraved on the back!
This Space Invaders tin is probably my very favorite collectible candy gaming item ever. I've had lots of cute little Mario tins, or other various candy tins with video game characters on them, but none were as awesome as this. Also included: Gummy burger and a rootbeer barrel.
It's from the "Zombie Arcade!"
Gaming glove/metallic hand on the back.
Remember these things? This is fantastic, a real arcade style token. As a kid I prized these so highly, just as I prize this one now.

Each box contained a ticket as well, and May 1 through 7 LootCrate's Facebook page will be pulling ticket numbers for prizes, with the final day being the winner of this month's mega-crate worth $250!

LootCrate had another great month. I have been extremely happy with all the items each month and I feel it's one of my most worthwhile subs. This is one of the most "fun to open" boxes I get and I truly appreciate how much thought and care they seem to put into each box. LootCrate is $13.37 monthly with $6 shipping, for a total of just under $20. It is WELL worth it. Use the code "3OFF" to get three dollars off your first month! Check it out here: LootCrate



Opinions stated in all site reviews on SBT are entirely those of the author.  SBT does not accept monetary compensation for reviews. However, some boxes reviewed on SBT were provided free of charge in exchange for an honest evaluation of said box and products. Some posts on SBT may contain affiliate links or referral links. Please view the site disclosure in its entirety in the "About/Contact" section.

No comments:

Post a Comment