The January 2013 GLOSSYBOX
Sadly, it looks like we will be receiving our January GlossyBoxes in February. GB is extremely behind and apparently quite overwhelmed with with the response to this special curated box (word has it this was the best-selling US GlossyBox yet!)
Today GlossyBox sent apology emails to current subscribers, announcing that they are awarding 50 GlossyDots to each person affected by this delay. Nice, yes...Of course, it takes 1,000 GlossyDots to get a free box so it's questionable how useful the 50 really will be for the bulk of subscribers.
According to the message from GlossyBox, shipments start next week. Yes, that means that they will be shipping the January box in February. We will likely receive it in the middle of next month. Sigh. Are you on pins and needles waiting for the Man Repeller box? What's your favorite must-have from the box?
I'll update when I get it!
I ordered glossy box but did not receive any email
ReplyDeleteJennifer, when did you order? If it was in Dec. or anytime up until a few days ago, you should be set to get the January box and should have gotten the email. Did you log in and check the "My Glossydots" section? If you see a 50 Glossydot award that says "gift from GB" then you got your points, but apparently they forgot the email.
DeleteI got mine yesterday!!! I live in Maryland. Overall, I'm very pleased with the box. Except the foil sample of a cream with a full size pricetag of $225!
ReplyDeleteOooh, I'm glad to hear you got it :D Maybe there is hope for mine showing up soon as well. Yes, I saw that sample was included and lol'ed. Really, who is going to be able to evaluate it enough to be convinced to buy a cream THAT expensive with a foil packet? I hope it's a darn miracle cream lol.
DeleteSome people are getting a tarts blush instead if one if the lip products. Problem is, it's a product that was produced 2 years ago exclusively for qvc. Looks shady. Even Medine said she had no clue about it and is looking into it.
ReplyDeleteThank you for your post. I'm in agreement. I am just shaking my head because if they are going to go the way of GlossyBox Canada and start with expired products I will be SO disgusted with them.
DeleteNow, I will admit I think the Tarte cheek stain is adorable, the compact is so pretty. However, I want to know if it's expired. I noticed the most recent QVC reviews are from last summer (summer 2012) so I assume they sold it until then. But we as subscribers should totally be informed if they are sending EXPIRED stuff. Ugh.
Plus, even though the Tarte cheek stain is comparable in value I still believe they should have announced the substitution. This item was listed as EITHER/OR. Tarte or Vincent Longo lip product. No mention of cheek stains. Sigh.
My fave beauty box, and I'll be quite sad if I have to leave them.
Hi! As a loyal subscriber and beauty professional insider, I can confidently say that the blush isn't an expired product- I reached out to Tarte myself to confirm. It came onto the market 2 years ago and they took it off, re did it and are re-releasing it next month- so this is actually just a pre-released product. I was pretty happy to get mine!
DeleteHi Libby Ashley, I had just read that over on MUT -- thanks SO much for sharing the info and for reaching out to them! This will definitely make a lot of us feel much better about GB! I think that compact is just so incredibly cute and now that we know it's a LE pre-release, I believe I'd be just as happy with that as a lipstain. Two boxes on the way so I may get both if I get lucky ;) Thanks for the update on this!!
Delete