BirchBox arrived about a week ago, and I was fairly pleased with this month. With BirchBox you really never know if you'll get a great month, an "okay" one, or a boring one because there are usually around 30 different possible boxes. Your box is based on the beauty profile you fill out, and it's supposed to be at least somewhat customized for your beauty likes and dislikes.
BirchBox often has some nice high end cosmetic samples, sometimes very high end -- and it is certainly fun to try super expensive items to find out if they are really worth all the hype they get!
Yes, their samples tend to be small, but for $10 monthly it's well worth it to me for the fun, and the discovery of new items. Plus, BirchBox subbers can get an easy $5 in BB store credit just by doing fast surveys on the items in their box each month.
What I had:
Kerastase Masque Chroma Riche: Hair mask designed to repair dry hair, and to protect highlighted and color treated hair. I received two single use samples.
theBalm Put a Lid on It Eyelid Primer: A small sample to be sure, but theBalm is a fantastic brand and their primers are great quality.
Clark's Botanicals Smoothing Marine Cream: A small sample, but the full size is $115 so considering that, it's pretty decently sized. Enough for a week or so. This moisturizer has a mild exfoliant and has glycolic acid for skin polishing and refreshing.
Frownies Rose Water Hydrator Spray: Toner/hydrating mist. It says it contains hyaluronic acid for fine line plumping. Well, the fact is that to get any real results from hyaluronic acid you need to get it via a dermal filler (have it injected like with Juvederm.) However, it can't hurt anything and applying it topically like this may cause enough skin stimulation to produce a temporary plumping effect.
Want to get your own BirchBox? Visit their site here to sign up: BIRCHBOX!
How did you configure your beauty profile? I've had a birchbox account for 10 months now and only received two boxes with decent make-up samples.
ReplyDeleteI would have LOVED this box last month compared to what I received. And this month I'm getting a hairband, a chocolate square, my third juicy couture (I loved Harvey Prince the one time I received it in Eau flirt), some nail polish and an ojon volume spray (the only item I'm excited for).
I'm just wondering if I should be changing my age or other indicators since no matter how I configure my beauty preference, I'm not getting any of the samples they boast in their promos.
I put the highest income bracket, listed my "splurge item" as face cream, I listed "Trendy" for the beauty style, and signed up because "It's hard to buy high end beauty products near me" and age 30.
ReplyDeleteThis was a combo approach that would hopefully get me some great high end samples but still net me some new and trendy stuff too. So far so good, but I haven't checked what the February box has in store for me yet.
Good luck with tweaking your profile, it's definitely a challenge.
Hi to every , because I am really eager of reading this webpage's post to be updated on a regular basis. It carries nice stuff.
ReplyDeletemy weblog - jack la lane power juicer