Based upon spoilers, February had looked much more promising. I knew we'd see a WTH item but I assumed the jewelry cleaner would be it for that. I may have been wrong.
Panties: The mustard yellow rolled up material is a pair of thong panties from Hanky Panky. These panties are well known for being super comfortable and are pretty high end ($22 each!) One size fits all (this covers sizes 2 through 12.) The color here is admittedly a serious WTH. Some people did get a pretty bright purple however and that color is beautiful!
The book: "Safe Haven," a book similar to Sleeping with the Enemy. Domestic violence survivor escapes and falls into a contrived love story in which the understandably shellshocked woman magically overcomes the trust issues and fear of men that DV survivors have thanks to the love of a good man. Super WTH as this is a Valentines day themed box. I'm going to stop now because this could become a rant.
The square box: Chocolate pearls. This variation was dark chocolate but some others got milk chocolate. Quite good and nicely in keeping with the Valentine theme.
The Sweethearts box: Sweet Tarts conversation hearts.
The red bottle: Jewelry cleaner. This is the WTH item.
Lip Crayon: Revlon "Just Bitten" lip crayon. Lipstain that is easy to apply and lends a nice blush of color. PS sent out a range of different pink-family colors.
The white item: This is a spa wrap from Brokedown (makers of the fantastically stupendously awesome September PS scarf). It also came in pale pink and pale blue variations. There is a spa wrap on the Brokedown site retailing for $84 however that is a different wrap that features lace trim and a ribbon so the retail value on this is unknown (probably very close to retailing for $80 however!). It's made from Minky fabric, some amazingly soft and cuddly material.
This wrap says "One Size Fits All" however it is likely not going to be quite long enough for anyone topping 5 feet tall. Or anyone who is on the chesty side. As you can see below, it measures around 22 inches in all. It's a gorgeous garment, and can be wonderful for spa time at home-- but it may be pretty short for some people!So, PopSugar may have given us a few WTH items this month. I can imagine that a good portion of subscribers won't find the main item fits well (at least in length) and may not feel the other items are enough consolation for that. The wrap should fit sizes 2 through 12 according to the site. I should note that PS does not send our size-specific items normally, so this was quite unusual for them.
So while it was a great concept (pampering items for Valentines day) the execution was not what it could have been. Technically this is a big improvement over all the most recent months of PS -- but obviously September levels of greatness have not been breached here.
Want to see what PopSugar's March box holds? I'm betting it will be amazing because they've had a few lackluster months at the end of 2012. Get it here: POPSUGAR. The code REFER5 will get you a $5 discount so it will cost you just $30!
Many thanks to my friend Stephanie <3 for photographs.
Is it sad that the WTF item is the thing I like the best? I just want to be a fly on the wall when the PopSugar peeps are picking things for boxes. Are they drinking massive quantities of wine? Or ....
ReplyDeleteIKR! Well, we will now be able to have high hopes for March, eh?
DeleteOne of my co-workers got this box and was describing it to us yesterday. I wondered if you were going to cover it on your site, JJ. Even though I haven't read the book, as always I love your take on things, and can hear you actually saying what you wrote ... and now I know I do not need to read it. xoxo
ReplyDelete<3 Cat.
DeleteWe should be getting mine today. this is when the kids make thing easier. I strongly suspect that the towel will go on my daughter. and that the underwear (especially ESP if they are yellow) will go to bestie. she will love them.
ReplyDeletelol, that sounds exactly right Brandy! I had a few readers who had messaged me on FB mention that their pre-teen daughters might be the right height for the wrap, too!
DeleteHahaha, your post made me laugh! I was mostly saying WTH? to the "wrap" since it looked more like a shirt on my tall frame.
ReplyDeleteLOL one of the things I look forward to most each month with PS is finding out what type of WTH items they come up with for us. :P
Delete