SEARCH THIS SITE:

Yuzen Review: Spring Box

Yuzen, the subscription box designed to give you a little "Zen", begins its transition from monthly to quarterly with this Spring box. It happens to arrive during the month of February, the month of Valentines day, month of love. Even if you hate the very concept of Valentines day and love in general you will most likely find yourself head over heels for this box. I know I did!

 The box is elegant and tied with a lovely ribbon.







Love the touch of the origami paper binding the package: Playful, elegant, and really plays to the Zen theme.

Upon opening, I found a beautiful drawstring organza pouch containing all the items.
Items outside of the bag:

The body care items in the box included:

Kneipp Deep Sleep Mineral Bath Salts: Eco friendly relaxing mineral bath salts containing valerian root and hops to encourage complete relaxation and peaceful deep sleep. No preservatives, parrafin, or animal derived ingredients.

Naturopathica Espresso Mud Body Scrub: Deliciously scented exfoliating scrub that has Coffee Arabica, volcanic pumice, and black silt clay. It gives you that extra little energy burst you need to get the day started right. Made from sustainably harvested raw materials and contains no petroleum parabens, or preservatives.This is about a half size tube and will be enough for multiple uses.

Juara Avocado Banana Moisture Mask: This is a leave on mask with a very rich and thick texture. It provides ultra deep moisture to winter-dry and damaged skin. No artificial fragrances or parabens. This sample size will be enough for a couple of uses, easily.

Spa Technologies Marine Repair Cream: This is an amazing anti-aging moisturizer packed full of seaweed extracts along with healthy antioxidants and enzymes to encourage skin repair and revitalization. No animal testing, parabens, or petroleum products. 

The makeup items in the box included:

Jane Iredale's lip treatments trio: This lovely little trio of lippies came in its own elegant drawstring bag. Inside was:
- A moisturizing lipdrink (black tube) that replaces moisture and has SPF15
-A lip and cheek stain (cream color tube) that gives your cheeks or lips a sheer natural looking tint
-A lip plumper (gold tube) that gives your lips a boost in the pout department. This one looks dark but goes on quite sheer and is beautiful. 
All of these are around half size and will provide plenty of use. Plus, the little tubes are so darn adorable that I simply love them just for that reason! I have completely fallen in love with this brand as these are some of the best lippies I've ever used. Absolutely the favorite item of this whole Yuzen box! Even better, you can feel great about using them: Jane Iredale products are Vegan, gluten free, and contain only natural colors and ingredients.

The home item was:

This is a tiny red flower brand candle in Blood Orange. The scent is incredibly powerful and absolutely edible. The cold scent is fantastic so I am hoping the scent throw when it's burning will be this good also! The candle is vegetable based wax, has no harsh preservatives, and does not contain synthetic fragrance.

Finally, we had a yummy food item:
These are Nova Monda chocolate truffle hearts. Cacao with sea salt. What a combination! Just enough sea salt to really bring out the robust flavor of the chocolate -- so rich tasting that one truffle felt as satisfying as eating a half a box of lesser quality chocolates. These fair trade organic chocolates contain no GMOs, soy, gluten, or dairy.

After diving into this first quarterly Yuzen box, I can say that I will be waiting in line for their summer box. This is one of the only subscription boxes that has unfailingly positive reviews and great feedback -- I can certainly understand why. These are products that you can spoil yourself rotten with -- achieving that Zen state of mind while feeling great about using eco-conscious products, for just $26 per quarter. If you feel like life is just too hectic, too crazy, and that you have no time for you, Yuzen is an easy solution in a box. Make a little bit of time for yourself and enjoy it, I'm glad I did!

Beautifully realized box and I give it the highest praise. To learn more about Yuzen, and to order your own box visit the Yuzen site here: YUZEN.

3 comments:

  1. I am getting Yuzen for sure it is so great for that price! Better than Pop Sugar which is 10 more. Are they still sold out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just ordered the yearly subscription yesterday( 4 seasonal boxes) thinking my first box would come in summer. However, today I received a shipping notice for the spring box! Yay! Everything looks awesome. I will use every item in this box!!!!!

      Delete
    2. Awesome, glad you're getting this box. It is SO great! Such a wonderful way to pamper yourself.

      Delete