SEARCH THIS SITE:

3-8-1 Luxuries we Love Box Review: Second Edition!

The 3-8-1 Candles company released its second Luxuries we Love box this month. This is a quarterly box, $59 per quarter, and you can buy as you go (no subscription is generated when you purchase a box.) This is my second subscription box review of Luxuries we Love -- read my first Luxuries we Love review here: LWL Review!

The company releases LWL boxes only in limited editions, with the first box being just 100 made and this one having just 75 made. You can still get yours HERE.  As much as I LOVED the first one, this one is even better.

The box had even more amazing products this time around. Once again, it was packaged in a darling cosmetic case: A train case with compartments for brushes and even a pull-out mirror. Charmingly displayed inside the box, resting on a dainty bed of festive crinkly paper, were the following items:

-Handmade Powder: The scent is called "Energy." Light, airy, and scented really potently. It's rather hard to describe the scent but I get some citrus tones, and it does seem like an energizing scent! The powder has a subtle shimmer that lends a nice glow.


-Handmade Lotion Bar: This product gives us the intoxicating aroma of  Pomegranate Sage. I have to give 3-8-1 some real kudos for this scent because I'd have never thought of putting those two very distinct and very different scents together but surprise: It's amazing. I smell more sage than Pomegranate, but it's basically sweet and sagey at the same time. I give up trying to describe it, but "really great" will have to suffice. The lotion bar is in the form of this push-as-you-go product tube. It's the ideal way to apply a thick, rich, lotion to dry skin and I LOVE the formula.







-Rollerball Perfume: This was an either/or item. The two possible scents are 3-8-1 Love and 3-8-1 Luxury, and I received 3-8-1 Luxury. I'd characterize this scent as rich, sweet, slightly exotic. It has hints of chocolate, orange, coconut...it's rich and exotic, very complex and nuanced. Extremely wonderful scent! Pure decadence.








-Handmade Nail Polish: This was an either/or item. Two different colors were sent out: Either a pale violet blue with silver glitter or a lovely rosy pink with deep rose glitter.  I received "I Love You Purple." This is a very nice formula that requires only two coats for absolute full coverage. For a light sprinkle of spring hues and glitter, try a single coat, it looks lovely as well. On the swatch wheel you see, from left to right, one coat, two coats, and three coats. The fourth swatch is two coats with a HK Girl top coat. Gorgeous!


-Lip Butter: The lip gloss in the last LWL was so delectable, and this is even better. The lip butter is packaged in a darling tin and smells yummy. But the taste is even better. Cupcakes. This is extremely hydrating and has staying power.






-Bath Tea: This is a bag that you drop into your bathtub for a relaxing and detoxifying spa-like bath experience! This works as a remedy for all manner of ailments including anxiety, depression, insomnia, dizziness, upset stomach, menstrual cramps, PMS, and skin inflammation. It contains both Chamomile flowers and rosebuds.


-Jewelry Tart in Green Aloe Spa: The Jewelry Tart is one of the very popular 3-8-1 Candles scents. I immediately added it to my wax warmer and within about five minutes the whole place smelled of peace and tranquility. It is an amazing scent. Wondering about the jewelry, are you? Well I admit it, I was pretty excited to uncover my latest 3-8-1 jewelry treasure too (especially after I scored that $600 black diamond heart pendant in February!) I was patient and stood over the tart warmer obsessively watching it melt. And it certainly paid off. My prize was:
 One of the standout things about this box is that everything is natural, and the ingredients are simple. No nasty chemicals. The ingredients labels look like what you see above: Simple, clear, and non-toxic!

This box has really intrigued me from the start because it kind of defies categorization. It's a lifestyle box in a way, it's a beauty box in a way, it's an eco box in a way... I really didn't know which section of the website to put this in! I decided on "Lifestyle" but I truly think "Bodycare" is a bit more accurate. Or... I could invent the "Spa Box" category! But, until I add another section, Lifestyle it shall be!

We got more items this time and what amazing products they are! For the ultimate relaxing day (or evening) at home, the Luxuries we Love box is the perfect all-in-one spa kit. An amazing highly scented candle tart to make your whole home smell great, and a whole bag of products to pamper yourself with. You just can't help but feel posh and positively spoiled rotten with this LWL box. Wish you had one too? Order yours here: 3-8-1 Candles

2 comments:

  1. Great review, I love 3-8-1 and i was also very pleased with my LWL bag.

    ReplyDelete