SEARCH THIS SITE:

Loot Crate Review March: Cosmos Theme!

Loot Crate is a subscription box service devoted to the video gaming community, but it's really more than that: It's kind of a celebration of all things geek. Every month you get 6 to 8 hand picked items that are self-described as "Epic!" Indeed, they are.

I became fascinated by Loot Crate, and knew a Loot Crate review was a must, when I saw a past box that contained an RPG dice set with 20-sided dice. I have a bit of a CCG (collectible card game) habit. By the way, it's a weird thing about dice and CCGs like Magic: The Gathering. You can never, ever have enough dice. I also noticed a Super Mario Energy Drink, and getting such things in the mail is enough to set any gaming geek's heart all aflutter.

Anyway, I digress. The point is, this looked like the type of sub box that my gamer side would adore...and I'm pleased to say I was right! This review covers the March box. Everything was packaged in the Loot Crate branded box.

I loved the "Cosmos" theme because space, video gaming, geeks, ... all really mesh well. Plus, I had hoped for some Star Wars stuff. I was not disappointed! Inside there was a really nice range of items.

This is just pure awesomeness for any Star Wars fan. They sent us bobbleheads! I got Boba Fett, which has already taken up residence in my office. In fact, feeling the urge to collect more of these...






Next we have the HexBug. This is a micro-robotic creature that is powered by the included battery. Flip the switch to watch it zip around and even react to objects in the area. If it hits a wall it will back away for example. It can even flip itself over. These are collectible creatures and you can even enter the unique code that comes with your HexBug online at the HexBug site to register your bug and get some lessons on robotic science. Again, I am suddenly wanting to collect more of these little things. They have a pink one. AND zombie ones.

There are not even words for how fantastic, amazing, and perfect this next item is. It's a black rubber slip on bracelet. With the KONAMI CODE printed on it! And it does relate to the space theme this month because the first time the code was used was in the original home port of Gradius!











More Star Wars goodies: These two items are collectible postcards (over 100 variants) that are pretty cool as display pieces. I'll be giving these to my little nephew who is Star Wars obsessed (I take a bit of credit for that!)







A Dead Space 3 wall graphic was next. This adheres nicely to the space theme and can be used multiple times. Wall, laptop, use your imagination!






Of course the space theme needed a little nod to Star Trek as well, which comes in the form of this "Live Long and Prosper" button. Whimsical and cute!











One of my favorite things about this box was actually the box itself. More specifically, the bottom of the box. What you see above is a standard part of the Loot Crate boxes -- printed at the bottom of every box they send --  and will never fail to bring a smile to the face of any gamer. We got double Konami code fun from Loot Crate in March!

I absolutely loved this box. Favorite item was the bracelet, but I will absolutely use every item in this box, and enjoy them! Based on this Loot Crate review and on the past Loot Crate reviews I've seen, I would very heartily recommend this as an ideal gift for any video gamer, any CCG player, any computer geek of any age ... this box can be appreciated by a lot of people both male and female.

My writing career started with reviewing video games and write ups on upcoming games, so I can truly say gaming helped get me jobs! I'll always be a gamer, and boxes like Loot Crate remind me of why that is such an awesome thing. Whether you play RPGs 10 hours a day or you are a busy parent who is lost when it comes to today's consoles -- you will appreciate Loot Crate. It will bring you back to the 80s and the 90s and let you take that nostalgic trip down gamer/geekdom memory lane.

Gotta have your own LootCrate? You can get it for $13.37, with $6 shipping. Total monthly is $19.37.  You'll also have chances to win "Mega Crates" worth $250 plus as a subber! Get your Loot Crate here: LOOTCRATE!

4 comments:

  1. I`m not even a gamer,and I think this is a great box!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the great review!

    Matthew
    Co-Founder, Loot Crate

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved my Loot Crate this month! Ready for next months!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a gamer, but this looked like tons of fun!

    ReplyDelete