| Product tester Jade explores the goodies inside the BarkBox. |
You will select your dog size first: Small & Cute (0-20 lbs), Just Right (20-50 lbs), and Big & Bold (50 plus lbs). The box you see here is for the Big & Bold (the greyhounds are both in the 60 - 70 lb range.)
The YumZies treats (full size 6 ounce package) are natural soft-moist cheese flavor treats that contain zero grains. They contain Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids to support healthy skin and coat. The chicken used in YumZies is American sourced chicken and there are no artificial preservatives, colors or flavors. These are great bite sized treats, ideal for training or just for an anytime yummy.
The WholeLife Organics Sweet Potato treats are 100 percent pure organic sweet potato with no chemicals, additives, or preservatives. The greyhounds got to try some sweet potato treats in another pet box recently and they loved them. Since the girls don't tend to like their "veggies" I had been worried they would not eat them but apparently freeze dried sweet potatoes are irresistible to the canine set. We just cracked this bag open and they have already had an enthusiastic pre-dinner sweet potato snack.
I was SO excited to see a Moose Taster from Acadia Antlers in the BarkBox! These are all natural chews (super hard so great for teeth!) that are from Maine moose. They are naturally shed so absolutely cruelty free. Moose antlers are very pricey and this treat is worth more than $20 -- they last forever and are perfect for power chewers. My girls are not actually super chewers but they DO need some natural teeth cleaning help, and Jade is chewing away on this as I type.
The Z-Bones treat from Zuke's is like a better tasting Greenie. It is a natural edible dental chew in "Clean Apple Crisp" flavor and it helps clean teeth and freshen breath naturally. Flirty absolutely loved this and ate it with considerably more enthusiasm than she typically shows for Greenies, so I think we've found our new go-to doggie dental chew.
My girls love BarkBox. One of the things about this box that really stands out is that they enter into partnerships with other companies (like Acadia Antlers in this box) to give us some really expensive and awesome items that are packaged especially for BarkBox. Another thing I really enjoy about BarkBox is that they are great at sourcing interesting and innovative new pet items that I might never otherwise discover. For example, I had no idea that there was a Kong-like item that was oven safe!
If you want to give BarkBox a try, grab a $5 discount on your subscription with the code here on the BarkBox site: BARKBOX
i LOVE that i finally found a barkbox review for "big babies" all the ones i have seen have been for little toy size pups. my hubby and i agree after seeing this our big babies need this box.. we do have a power chewer m. older boy can chomp down even chewies designed to last a month in under an hour.
ReplyDeleteSo glad to help! Your boy would love the moose antlers I bet. The one we got is still nearly totally intact and it gets several hours of chewing/gnawing daily! The greyhounds absolutely love helping mom review the pet boxes. Enjoy your BarkBox!
DeleteThese pet boxes are really becoming the rage. I just read a UK blogger who was thrilled to find a company in the UK because she felt shut out when all her US friends were talking about their pet boxes.
ReplyDeleteThey really are becoming so popular! I got hooked when I saw how wildly excited the greyhounds get when they realize the package is just for them. <3
DeleteI wish a company would come up with the concept of a split box. I have two dogs, both different sizes. I can't afford two separate boxes a month. I would love if they could give us half one size and half another.
ReplyDeleteI need help I dont know iF I should get barkbox or spoiled rotten.I have a 80 pound pitbull that loves to chew
ReplyDeleteHi, I think that they are both great boxes but in general I think that BarkBox tends to include more stuff for chewers. Example, the moose antler we got at least a month ago is still being chewed on occasionally by both of my pups. BB this month had stuff like a 16" Rope toy and some tendons that will take a while to chew. Your Pittie enjoy that type stuff as it gives a lot of chewing action. :) Hope that helps!
ReplyDelete