SEARCH THIS SITE:

Beauty Box Reviews: April Ipsy Review


The April Ipsy bag arrived a few days ago, and I'm quite happy to be posting a positive Ipsy review once again! The March Ipsy bag was definitely a misstep for many of us, but I feel they've largely redeemed themselves. The bag itself is not the most durable of cosmetic bags and a stray particle of dirt will destroy the look of blinding white-ness...but that's really the only complaint this month from me. Interestingly, the lining of the bag is really beautiful! Evidence:
The bag is prettier when turned inside out!

Be a Bombshell blush (full size) in color "Beach Please." This was an either/or: Both this shade and a much lighter one called "Sweet Cheeks" were sent out. Yes it is bright. It's also workable enough to blend for a pretty touch of cheek color that isn't too overdone.













MICA Beauty Shimmer Powder in the shade "Earth." A really pretty subtle shade. Rather relieved I got this variation as the pink eyeshadow duo looked more challenging to wear.
This Sation Nail Lacquer is shade "Of Corset I'll Call You." Another peachy/nudeish shade called "Love at First Byte" was also sent out. I do quite like this shade of pink. Admittedly it's nothing unique but it is attractive and will be used. Swatches coming soon.
Big Sexy Hair Volumizing Hair Powder: Has been hoping for the Soy Renewal treatment (the either/or) but I'll give this a try. I tend to think that it will show up too much in darker shades like my black hair, but we shall see.

Overall, quite a good review of Ipsy this month. Was it my favorite month ever? No. But after last month's letdown, I'm just glad to see them seemingly back on track! Want to sign up? Ipsy is $10 per month shipped. Get it here: Ipsy!

Did you get your Ipsy yet? What did you think of the April Ipsy bag?




Opinions stated in all site reviews on SBT are entirely those of the author.  SBT does not accept monetary compensation for reviews. However, some boxes reviewed on SBT were provided free of charge in exchange for an honest evaluation of said box and products. Some posts on SBT may contain affiliate links or referral links. Please view the site disclosure in its entirety in the "About/Contact" section.









2 comments:

  1. Loved it! I got sweet cheeks and love at first byte. MUCH better than last months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely agreed, Brandi! Was so happy to see how much better it was this month.

    ReplyDelete