SEARCH THIS SITE:

Eco Subscription Box Reviews: Conscious Box April Gluten Free Box

I'm a former Conscious Box subscriber (canceled late last year) and decided to give their new gluten free box a try, especially because I got a great half price deal on it. One thing that Conscious Box always does really nicely is packaging.
Very pretty box, and does embody the environmentally conscious theme quite well. This Conscious Box review is for the gluten free version, but there have been at least some variations noted in the gluten free boxes this month.

                                     Once opened, the gluten free box yielded this:
(It must be noted that my packaging info online indicated I was supposed to receive some beef jerky in this package, but it was not included. I've sent a message to CB to ask about this.)
 The edibles in the box included:
-Brad's Raw Leafy Kale: This is flavored with garlic and vegan cheese, the flavor is called "Vampire Killer." I haven't tried this yet. 
-Bakery on Main TrueBar: This protein/snack bar is in "Hazelnut Chocolate Cherry" flavor and looks pretty good. UPDATE: This bar is EXCELLENT! It really tastes like chocolate covered cherries, is sweet without being cloyingly so, just great. 150 calories, unfortunately a pretty high carb count (19 net, I think). But, it's gluten free, non GMO, and is a good source of fiber. Will be buying this again, great morning bar for breakfast or after workout snack.
-The two small packets were an Everly drink mix and a QSpeed vitamin C tablet sample. 
-The Natural Veggie Wash, while not food, seemed good to include here. It can be sprayed on your fruits and veggies to clean them naturally prior to consumption.
I was very excited to see a couple of beauty items, and this is probably my favorite of the box. It's a wildflower grains mask from Blue Orchid. You mix the all-natural dry mask with water to form a paste and apply to your face. There is plenty in here for several uses and I look forward to trying it.
This citrus lovers artisan soap was made by Amathia Soapworks, and it smells really wonderful. It is bursting with orange, grapefruit, and lemony smells, a truly great scent. I am not even a big bar soap fan but this is so nicely scented that I'm using it constantly now. Thanks to the inclusion of shea butter, it is also moisturizing and leaves the hands soft.
These four foil packets rounded out the April Conscious Box gluten free version. 
-Seventh Generation Mandarin facial cleansing cloth
-Totlogic gentle formula body lotion
-Dapple baby bottle and dishwashing liquid
-Dried peas organic babyfood

Overall, the box was a pretty good mix of items. I don't understand the inclusion of the baby products since this was not marketed as a parent box but rather as an eco box, but I'll be donating the baby items. 
Conscious Box is normally $19.99 per month but they frequently offer specials that will discount your first month significantly.  Right now you can enter the code EARTHMONTH to get half off the first month here: CONSCIOUS BOX





Opinions stated in all site reviews on SBT are entirely those of the author.  SBT does not accept monetary compensation for reviews. However, some boxes reviewed on SBT were provided free of charge in exchange for an honest evaluation of said box and products. Some posts on SBT may contain affiliate links or referral links. Please view the site disclosure in its entirety in the "About/Contact" section.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for the sweet words on the scent, I hand blend each of our fragrances in-house to keep them super special. Splash has been our bestseller this year, we certainly do love our shea butter. :) I hope you enjoy Splash, Jennifer!

    Kenna
    Amathia Soapworks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, Kenna. I really enjoyed having the chance to try Splash and will be looking to buy it again when I run out. Thanks for making a great product!

      Delete
    2. Thank you for trying it and of course, taking the time to review subscription boxes! :)

      Delete
  2. I wish i had recieved the soap! I get the 'regular' conscious box and it consisted of 2 items I had already recieved in prior months boxes, teeny tiny samples and baby items. My subscription started off good and has gone downhill a little more with each box. I'm going to be canceling my sunbscription :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katrina,

      I'll gladly send you a sample for the cost of postage, if you'd like. :) They'll be available on our website soon, as well. Just get in touch via our website or Facebook!

      Kenna

      Delete