The CakeStyle service is actually FREE to use, and you are not obligated to keep anything they send. However, you are probably going to fall head over heels in love with at least a few of the gorgeous pieces they send you and want to keep them -- I know I did! I was lucky enough to win a gift card from CakeStyle and was able to score a free box and some fantastic stylist picks, so of course I wanted to share my Cakestyle review with readers.
Your stylist will review your style profile and will pull several complete outfits that are chosen just for you and your lifestyle. You will answer not just size questions but also details about your personal style, what you love and hate, etc. This is a really thoughtful and complete style quiz so that your stylist gets a really good idea of your style and your goals (for example if you need a couple of outfits for a specific purpose, let the stylist know and they will choose something great for you.)
| Average cost per piece for the designer items in CakeStyle boxes. |
Your stylist will get to know you even better over time and will thus be even more able to pick outfits that are perfect for you. If you see a certain brand or piece featured on the CakeStyle site or blog and would like to have it included in your next box, just drop a note to your stylist to request it, and they'll take care of it for you!
| Some of the beautiful spring dress options from CakeStyle. |
| Some of the CakeStyle Spring Accessories (DVF sandals!) |
| Paige Premium Denim jeans. I ended up choosing a pair of Paiges, love them! |
Paige Premium Denim Verdugo Ultra Skinny jeans: These jeans are something that was a bit outside my jeans comfort zone, because I wanted to try something unique. Exactly what I asked for: A basic jean with a new twist! They are obviously a fantastic brand but they are a really unique twist on jeans that can dress up denim a bit more. I've got a real weakness for super premium denim. It's ultra pricey but quality is so great it will look great forever.Vera Wang Landyn shoes: These leather & lizard skin black flats have adorable crystal embellishments on the toe and are so versatile. These can work as casual wear when paired with jeans or could be a cute addition to a skirt or dress. I really needed some flats that were easy to wear but still stylish and unique. These are perfect, and they will undoubtedly become my go-to flats. Plus, well...they're VERA WANG. I could not resist.
Cara Headband with Gold Bead Accent: I've got long hair and thus I particularly tend to like lovely hair accessories. This is adorable and is something I'll be able to wear with a lot of different outfits.
I got some fantastic high end designer items that I love -- things that I'd have not found on my own -- and I had an excellent experience with a personal stylist that is dedicated to helping me find exactly the right items for me. There tends to be a general misconception that only the super-rich or the super-stars can afford to have a personal stylist, but CakeStyle proves makes it accessible and fun for the rest of us, too!
My CakeStyle experience was fantastic. One thing that I always say can absolutely make or break any subscription service is the customer service, and CakeStyle is doing it the right way. They respond to questions very quickly, they are unfailingly polite and friendly, and they truly make customers feel like they are getting a personal stylist experience over the Internet. Loved my CakeStyle experience and look forward to using the service again in the future!
Check it out here: CakeStyle!
Opinions stated in all site reviews on SBT are entirely those of the author. SBT does not accept monetary compensation for reviews. However, some boxes reviewed on SBT were provided free of charge in exchange for an honest evaluation of said box and products. Some posts on SBT may contain affiliate links or referral links. Please view the site disclosure in its entirety in the "About/Contact" section.
Id love to try this out but could only afford a few things if that. But maybe hubby will do this for my birthday in June I am asking him now!
ReplyDelete