SEARCH THIS SITE:

Bestowed Box Review: Bestowed Review June


 The Bestowed Box is a new box for me, and I was really interested to try another healthy food box. This subscription box was created by well known nutritionist and writer Heather Bauer. She wanted to help people find the best foods by cutting out all the uncertainties and guesswork: Let's face it, food labels can be really confusing. 

Bestowed sends subscribers five or more items each month. They can include drinks, protein bars, snacks, cereal, supplements, or any number of other healthy food items. Other healthy living items may also be included, but the focus is on food items. The box is $19/monthly, but you can score your first box for $5 off with the coupon code at the end of this piece!

Convenient information sheet right on top. It provides extensive info on each item!

Bestowed unboxed
GimMe Seaweed Cheddar Cheese Roasted Seaweed Crumble (.70 oz pouch, about $1.90 retail): This was chosen because seaweed has the highest density of vitamins and minerals of any vegetable on the planet. I admit I was hesitant to taste this, but was actually pretty pleasantly surprised: It's crunchy, cheesy, and tasty. One packet is only 100 calories and it has 4 grams of fiber.
Bakery on Main Coconut Cashew Truebar (one bar, $2 retail): Favorite food item! Bakery on Main makes absolutely delicious bars and treats of all types. I've had their chocolate cherry bars before and this was just as delectable. It is gluten free and is a good source of fiber and Omega 3.  
Deeply Rooted Roots Powder Packets (two packets, around $1.75 retail each): These individual superfood packets each contain a powder that has your whole day's worth of vitamins and nutrients. Just add water and drink, or you can blend it into a smoothie, which is what I plan to do.
 
Zico Natural Coconut Water (1.4 fl oz, $2.29 retail): This coconut and electrolytes mix contains as much potassium as a banana and I find it to be a good post-workout drink (good for preventing cramping due to the potassium, plus it's hydrating). This was the first time I'd tried Zico brand, but it's great tasting and I'll buy it again since I drink coconut water regularly.


Artisana Organic Acai Berry Nut Butter (0.5 oz, about $1.95 retail): This seemed like an odd pairing initially, but it turned out to be a pretty good one. It is basically cashew butter with some acai berry blended in for its superfood benefits. I had this on a whole grain bagel this morning, and it was pretty decent. Tastes more or less like cashew butter but a hint of sweetness.
Herban Essentials Essential Oils Towelettes (six pack pouch, retails for $6): This six pack of towelettes was something I was thrilled to see. These are very handy for the purse or gym bag and smell so good! There were six different types in the pouch: A yoga one (for cleaning hands, feet, mat), a dog one (for your dog or cat, great cleanup item), and one each of the lemon, peppermint, lavender, and eucalyptus towelettes.

Coupon for a full size Free Item: This coupon is good for any Dr. Praeger's Sensible Foods product, which are priced about $4 retail! I think I'll be picking up the California Veggie Burgers.
I really enjoyed trying out the Bestowed box, and I think it would be a good fit for anybody who is looking to eat and live healthier in a painless way. Want to try Bestowed? You can use the coupon code  5OFFBSTOWED01 to get $5 your first month here (pay just $14 rather than $19): BESTOWED!




Opinions stated in all site reviews on SBT are entirely those of the author.  SBT does not accept monetary compensation for reviews. However, some boxes reviewed on SBT were provided free of charge in exchange for an honest evaluation of said box and products. Some posts on SBT may contain affiliate links or referral links. Please view the site disclosure in its entirety in the "About/Contact" section.

2 comments:

  1. I love the nut butter! I tried a different combination but it still really good.

    www.reviewsuntilyoudrop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Roots packs seem pretty interesting... have you tried them yet? I'd be curious about how they taste though...

    ReplyDelete