Beauty Box Five reviews (Beauty Box 5) are usually fun to do because they don't give too many spoilers. Although I love getting spoilers and knowing something about what is on the way, Beauty Box 5 reviews help me remember what it's like to open a subscription box and have no idea what is within.
This month there were two products I knew about (shampoo/conditioner), and I wasn't overly excited based upon those. However, as often happens between the time I see spoilers and the time the box is in my hands, I changed my mind.
 |
| Coolway shampoo (1 oz) and Coolway conditioner (1 oz): These are formulated to protect hair that is regularly exposed to heat like drying and flat irons. We've received other Coolway products in the last few months so at first I wasn't too excited to get these. Then, I saw that they were nice little sample sizes and realized it really is nice to try a whole line of products. The Coolway products are really great quality and I LOVE their heat styling sprays, and so far I'm loving the shampoo and conditioner as well. |
 |
| Aveeno Lotion with SPF 30 (0.5 oz tube): Love Aveeno and I'm enjoying this lotion. This was an either/or product. The other possibility was the Shea Terra Rose Hips Black Soap Facial. I admit I'd have preferred that as I've been really wanting to try it! |
 |
| Just Being Sexy Body Bronzer (two pouches, 8 ml per pouch): It's a sunless tanner and I don't use sunless tanner. However, I will say that as sunless tanners go it looks pretty decent. It appears to have nice pearlessence and I hear it can be built up pretty seamlessly. It is safe for the face area (won't clog pores.) Also important is that the smell is nice. This is rather unusual with self tanners I've smelled. I will pass this on to a friend. |
 |
| Brazen Cosmetics loose shadow: They've sent us a few Brazens lately and since they're good quality I can't complain about this really. This particular shade is pretty light on me, but bear in mind it will show more depending upon your own skin tone. It really has a gorgeous shimmer. I like this shade for summer! This was an either/or item: Some people got cosmetic brush holders (which I received a few boxes back.) |
Overall, it was another pretty good BB5 but definitely not my favorite one ever. I'm very glad to see some interesting new brands showing up in the box and I'm looking forward to seeing what they have in store for us next month.
The box is $12 per month and I always feel it's worth the money. It's a very different box than Ipsy or Birchbox (BB5 tends much more towards skincare, beauty tools, and haircare stuff) so I have to say I enjoy all three boxes for different reasons.
Want to try a month of BB5 yourself? Get it here:
Beauty Box Five
I'd be curious to hear how the sunless tanner goes... I'm a life-long pale person and can only get tan from these things... but, I can never find one that actually works!
ReplyDeleteI got the Black soap, the brush holder and the bronzing wipes. I will have to give away the bronzing wipes since I have dark skin.
ReplyDeleteI got the brush holder which is pretty unimpressive and I don't see myself using the bronzer either, so overall a disappointing first month! Hopefully July is better.
ReplyDelete