SEARCH THIS SITE:

Skosh Box Review and Coupon Code: New Japanese Food and Novelty Subscription Box!

SkoshBox is a new subscription box that sends
 out goody boxes full of Japanese candy, novelties, and trinkets each month. The cost is $12 month, shipping included. I've always loved shopping in Asian markets and do so as often as I can -- and I'll freely admit that the candy aisles are some of the most interesting areas to me. Japanese candy is totally different from what we have here in the US so it is fascinating to see what is popular there (although of course we have some similar items.) 
Look Chocolate: This chocolate bar has a green tea filling, which is quite popular in Japan. It's not as sweet as what you'd normally get for a candy bar filling in the US.
The orange bubble gum is a classic kids favorite in Japan. Nice flavor, very fruity!
Koala's March Cookies: These little cookies have chocolate cream filling and are very good! These are a collectible of sorts, because there are more than 365 unique koala stamp designs.
Kaki No Tane: This is a mix of spicy rice crackers and peanuts. These are delicious, love them! Interesting info on the information card about this: "Kaki No Tane" translates to "persimmon seeds" as the rice crackers look like them.
Umaibo: These two packages are puffed corn snacks. They come in all kinds of flavors including really unusual ones (well unusual to the USA) like shrimp, mayonnaise, and pizza. I tried the Teriyaki one and thought it was okay, a bit strongly flavored for me. I'm a big fan of shrimp chips that are similar to these, so I'm hoping the other bag has shrimp snacks (it's not marked.)
Haichu: These are soft and chewy fruit candy. I got one grape and one strawberry. I've had these before and think they are great! Very chewy and last a long time.
Marble Chocolate: These are kind of like M&Ms, but are a bit less sweet to me. However, they are far superior to M&Ms in the adorable packaging. A fedora-wearing dog playing a ukelele, you gotta love it.
Milk Hardcandy: This is milk candy, which I was hesitant about. However, it is great! Tastes like a vanilla milkshake, and I wish there had been a whole pile of these.
Choco Ball: Favorite item of the box! These are awesome for two reasons. First, the funny bird-creature on the package is adorable. Second, the treats are extremely good, and I'd be happy to purchase more of them. I've never tried another chocolate treat quite like this and it's wonderful!
Wair-In Eraser: As the info card tells us, "Japanese erasers are life changing. You're welcome." Lol, this should be fun to try then!
Senbei: These are classic Japanese rice crackers and are very crispy. These are seasoned with soy sauce and have a great flavor!
SkoshBox was so much fun to review, I really enjoyed trying out these Japanese snacks that are not too easy to get hold of here. Even though I have access to Asian markets, I don't always try new things because I don't really know what they are. This box encouraged me to try new things, and told me (on the info card) exactly what they were, love it!

The great people at SkoshBox have provided a coupon code for my readers to get an extra mystery snack along with their first SkoshBox -- just enter the code BOXTALK02 at the checkout! The first box will be shipping in July, and the deadline for ordering that box is July 15th, so don't miss it! Get it here: SkoshBox

3 comments:

  1. I think I'm going to try this one! Thanks for the code!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got it! Thanks, does it arrive in August?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete