SEARCH THIS SITE:

Five Four Mens Clothing Subscription Box: Five Four Box Review!

With the ever-increasing popularity of subscription boxes, it seems that even men are joining in on the fun. One thing that is true for virtually every single man I know: They hate to shop. Men usually act like you're trying to kill them if you mention a stop at the mall, heck I think they hate Internet shopping even. (Bear in mind that I'm a chick -- I truly believe that "retail therapy" is one of the most effective ways to recover from nearly any of life's let downs. :P )

I first heard about the Five Four Club in an article on Time.com, and that definitely got me interested. They offer a simple way to "fill your closet" for $60 monthly, and guys don't even have to spend a minute shopping.

The style profile lets you choose from several options (business casual, dress to impress, tee shirt and jeans) and then has you select colors, sizes, whether you like solids/stripes/plaids, jean wash preference, jean style, tee shirt style, and more. The whole quiz takes only around 5 to 10 minutes and it doesn't have to be repeated unless you feel like making tweaks.

This box was chosen for my dear friend William, better known as WP, who is what I'd call sporty/preppy/casual, at least in his "off hours" so we filled the quiz out with that in mind. Here is what we got!
We got a shirt and a pair of shorts, both in the sizes WP specified.
The shirt (this one is size XL) is a very substantial feeling white cotton and has nice details including buttons on the sleeves and pocket. Inset image on the bottom left is a close up of the pocket.
Shirt pocket: The Five Four logo is attractive and is unobtrusive.

Twill Shorts: These are really clearly quality and have lots of nice details. These are size 29, as specified. The inset on the upper left shows the waistband.
The shorts are cuffed (roll up or leave down as you wish) with this attractive lining.
Leather patch detail on the back waistband.
We both felt that this subscription box is good for the guys who are picky about quality and who want to avoid shopping. The quality is most decidedly very high (I'd liken it to at least Tommy Hilfiger level) and the pieces wear well from our observations thus far. 

WP loves it because he was able to totally avoid shopping (which he swears is a soul-sucking activity) and he got a couple of pieces he will wear all the time. His take on it: "I can do this for like six months and have everything I need and NEVER have to look for it." 

Do you have a guy in your life that likes nice clothes but would rather that another person does all the work of choosing them? This is a great one to try! You can check our the Five Four Club site here: FIVE FOUR CLUB!


Opinions stated in all site reviews on SBT are entirely those of the author.  SBT does not accept monetary compensation for reviews. However, some boxes reviewed on SBT were provided free of charge in exchange for an honest evaluation of said box and products. Some posts on SBT may contain affiliate links or referral links. Please view the site disclosure in its entirety in the "About/Contact" section.

3 comments:

  1. love this...gonna get my husband it as a gift for either his bday or christmas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great as a gift Amy, I bet he will love it! I was really pleased to see how high the quality was.

      Delete
  2. I really love this shirts! I definitely need to update my outerwear for fall.

    ReplyDelete