Julep Maven sends out nail polish boxes each month, usually with a beauty product
from their own brand included. Julep is now making everything from hand
lotion to BB cream to hairspray and beyond. This month saw the
introduction of Julep's lip gloss line, as well as their priming lip plumper. Being a lip gloss fanatic, I simply couldn't stand it if I didn't receive all the shades, so much to the dismay of my wallet I did the total upgrade. I am really pleased with the beautiful new lippies and lukewarm on most of the polishes. Here's my November 2013 Julep Maven review (Julep promo code for a free box at the end of this piece!)
 |
| The lip glosses! (l-r Daring, Timeless, Glowing, Posh, and Charming)They have a kind of candy like scent that is really yummy. These are much more sheer than they appear in the tube. Only moderately sticky and the colors are all very wearable for nearly any complexion in my opinion. |
 |
| Lippie Swatches (from top to bottom): Posh, Daring, Charming, Glowing, and Timeless. As you can see they are considerably more sheer than they look and Posh and Daring are probably the only ones that show major color on skin. |
 |
| Julep Blank Canvas Plumping Lip Primer: This is a base that will plump up your lips and is also a primer for lip gloss. It does have a bit of a tingle to it, but I've only tried a quick swipe as yet. The tube works by clicking the button on the bottom and the top is rather like a felt tip pen, so precision application is pretty easy. |
 |
| The It Girl Colors (l-r): Winter, Chloe, and Lola. Chloe is a beautiful shade for fall and winter, the photo doesn't come close to capturing its beauty! Looking forward to trying Lola, the dark satin finish. |
 |
| The Classic With a Twist Colors (l-r) Sheila and Cynthia. I don't care much for orangey cremes but I adore Cynthia. Can't wait to try this sparkly champagne colored beauty. |
 |
| The Bombshell Colors (l-r) Nic and Brielle. Nic is an oxblood color that I think will be gorgeous and oh so seasonally appropriate. Brielle is just an icky color to me but my sister who loves orange polish will like this and Sheila. |
 |
| The Boho Glam Colors (l-r) Autumn, Aisha, and Alexandra. Autumn was an add on and was certainly well worth the five bucks because it's stunning. I will be using this over a cream colored base, perhaps even Alexandra. I think it would also be beautiful over black polish like Cleopatra from last month! |
You can try your first Julep for free with the code FREEBOX -- just
choose your favorite style profile and you'll get your "starter box"
with a couple of polishes and a product. After that you can skip every
month or buy the box as you wish once they reveal the polishes that will
be sent. Julep makes it easy to acquire new polishes and products, and I
love that I can skip anytime. Try it out here with the code FREEBOX:
Julep Maven!
Opinions stated in all site reviews on SBT are entirely those of the
author. SBT does not accept monetary compensation for reviews. However,
some boxes reviewed on SBT were provided free of charge in exchange for
an honest evaluation of said box and products. Some posts on SBT may
contain affiliate links or referral links. Please view the site
disclosure in its entirety in the "About/Contact" section.
The lippies look great! I wanted to try them but wasn't interested in the polishes so I skipped, hopefully I'll be able to pick one up in the future :) Julep always has some kind of sale!
ReplyDeletewritingwhimsy.com
I swear I've bought gloss from Julep before, but they were packaged a bit different. Also, as one lippie addict to another, I don't blame you for buying the whole box. I would have done the same. It's a collection you have to get all of them.
ReplyDeleteKaren
Unpack the Box