SEARCH THIS SITE:

Best of Subscription Boxes: Holy Grail Products From Subscription Boxes Part One

As the end of the year is fast approaching, I've been thinking about all the beauty boxes, sample boxes, and subscription boxes that I've had in the last 12 month period -- and I have asked myself "What are the absolute best products I've discovered?"

I realized that there have actually been several products that have become true "holy grails" to me, the type of items that will always have a place in my cosmetics bag, bathroom cabinet, or somewhere in my home. Because there are a variety of items that I feel were the very best, I'm dividing this "Holy Grails" article into different products for easier reading, and I'll be posting those occasionally throughout the next several months.

First up:  nail polish holy grails.  Of course, there are some other polishes I love, Zoya, Deborah Lippman and Butter London for example, that I've received in boxes this year. However, I really wanted to focus on the new-to-me things that subscription boxes brought into my life for this series, and Ruby Wing is one of those.

       Ruby Wing Color Changing Scented Polish!

I received a Ruby Wing mini in Birchbox (the color in front) and didn't even get around to trying it for at least a month. Well, when I finally did try it I was completely impressed with it, and thrilled with how well it really changed colors. Each polish has a starting shade (the inside shade) and a totally different transition shade (the outside shade.) In addition to that, each polish has a unique scent. I sampled the shade below in Birchbox, and it has such a nice poppy scent! The color change, however, really amazed me.  Ruby Wing polishes are $10 each and I think they're amazing quality and a very reasonable price. The formula is easy to work with and I've had a mani with this last six days (I'd say average is five days for me with a topcoat). I don't get much chipping at all, which is a huge plus to me. Ruby Wing polishes work just the same if you put a top coat on them, another thing I really like. I always use Glisten & Glow HK Girl Top Coat atop the Ruby Wing and the color change is impressive every time.



My first shade, and probably still my favorite!



 The scents are all different, and include lovely smells like Lily and Sunflower. Ruby Wing regularly expands their line and now has a Cupcakes & Champagne collection that I am dying to get my hands on. These are just so much fun, and they are a good formula (important if you're a polish klutz like me!)

You can check them out on their site: Ruby Wing!




2 comments:

  1. A box needs to send me this. Now! It looks like so much fun! Thank you for sharing (sincerely, I'm not trying to make a lame comment, I've never seen this before!)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Birchbox has sampled it a few times now so you may get lucky with a mini from them soon. I love 'em!!

      Delete