These pet boxes in this article really stood out: They are all a good value, have the best quality products, and they thrill the greyhounds (my personal barometer!). So, I present, in no particular order....three of the best pet subs today!
BarkBox
Most of us are already familiar with BarkBox since it has been around the longest (check out another review of Barkbox with a coupon code HERE ! BarkBox is always a favorite with me and with the dogs because they send full sized pet treats and some really innovative toys. The BarkBox toys are the type of thing I might not think to buy (some of them I haven't even heard of!) so they are always great to get.
| BarkBox, large dog version |
The Petflow Spoiled Rotten Box
| Petflow Spoiled Rotten Box |
One of my top picks for pet subscription boxes is Petflow's Spoiled Rotten Box.
This is a monthly subscription box for dogs or cats, and the
greyhounds just got their first one last week. You select the dog or cat
box, and then they surprise you with a package just for your pets in
the mail! The SRB usually has a very nice quality toy, several different kinds of treats, and
even something to make the pet owner's life easier. Well, it was a BIG
hit around here!
The packaging was adorable and included the charming paw print tissue paper you see above. The box was absolutely jam-packed full of canine
fun and included a laminated card explaining more about each product
included.
| Spoiled Rotten Box contents. |
The list:
John Paul Full Body & Paw Bath Wipes: From the maker of Paul Mitchell human shampoo --great for those rainy muddy-paw days! I personally wanted to hug the SRB people for including this when we had a big snowfall followed by muddy slushy yuck. I kept these right by the door and wiped paws/legs as they came in. Saved me a lot of mopping up muddy paw prints.)
| Jade shows off the new GoDog Triceratops toy. |
GoDog Super-Tough Triceratops toy: (Super high quality toy, and good even for heavy chewers. Jade is in love. It has a squeaker AND a crackling tail.) Jade loves the Triceratops toy, as you can see above, and it has stood up to some very enthusiastic play sessions!
Old Mother Hubbard P-Nuttier Oven Baked Dogs Biscuits: They adore them and these are perfect small treats for training or little rewards.
Luther's Body Treats Smoked Bacon & Cheddar Nuggets: These have glucosamine&chondriotin added -- the greyhounds went crazy for these, the favorite of the box! The box is HUGE so luckily I have plenty for a good while.
Natural Balance rolls Duck&Potato flavor rolls: Two rolls -- love this for crumbling atop dry food or slicing up for treats.
The Petflow Spoiled Rotten Box is always packed with higher-end brands, full size and deluxe size products, and fun surprises. These are products I can feel good giving to the girls -- and they certainly love it! The retail value of the products in the box topped $50 (more than twice the cost of the box), and every month that I've looked at, you more than get your money's worth!
The company also sells all the the box products on their site, as well as dog and cat food, accessories, and products of all types. The monthly subscription is $24.99 (you can cancel anytime), and right now they are offering a code for $5.00 off your first month! Enter the code " SRB9" (without the parenthesis) for the discount! Here's a link to the Petflow Spoiled Rotten Box: SPOILED ROTTEN BOX!
The Pawalla Pet Box
| Pawalla unboxed. |
Petchup: A dressing that you squirt over dry food to make it smell "yummy" for pups, it's a hit here. Repurchased this product because it was so popular with the pups.
Stella & Chewy's Carnivore Crunch Chicken Bites: Freeze dried cubes, they love it however the cubes disintegrate really easily so you may have some chicken dust at the very end of the bag.
Wagatha's Little Bites Organic Biscuits: Tiny biscuits that are good for training treats or just small anytime snacks
Dudley the Dog toy: From the Charming Toys Farm Balloon Collection. So incredibly adorable, this rubber toy is good for chewers.
Poop Bags: Hey, I can always use more of these and wouldn't mind getting them monthly, in fact.
| Jade digs into the Pawalla box! |
All
of these items are full sized, and all are sourced and produced in the
USA. It really means a lot to know that my pups
are eating the "good stuff". The Pawalla boxes are HUGE -- typically
weighing in at around 8 pounds -- and when Pawalla comes, the greyhounds
know it's for them. The company even puts your dog's name on the
address label!
My other pick in the best three newer pet subscription boxes is Pets Love Toys. This company works a bit differently than the other two I've reviewed because you actually choose your package. On the website, you'll browse the packages to choose whatever you think would delight your pup the most. You can choose from two sizes: small/medium and large/xlarge pet packages. You'll then complete a few questions about your pets like age, breed, allergies, and so forth. These questions help Pets Love Toys to generate customized package choices for your pet.
In my gallery, (for large/XL size dogs, naturally!) I had plenty of choice: There were several packages with just toys, several packages with treats and chews only, and also packages that mix toys and treats. I chose one of the toy/treat mix packages that featured a darling little sock monkey. The package:
Inside was:
-JW "Crackle and Crunch" sock monkey (made with crackle-sounding recycled bottle material for dogs who love playing with water bottles.)
-Nylabone Healthy Edibles Roast Beef flavor bone: Jade ate it and seemed to enjoy it.
-Z-Filet Chicken Strips: These were seasoned and smell so good that I thought about tasting them!
-Smokehouse Bacon Skin Twists: Officially approved by three greyhounds. My sister's dog scarfed down two of them in under five minutes.
-Smokehouse 6.5" Prime Slice: Flirt ate and loved it, and it kept her busy for a while since it's a long flat bone
-Several extras, as seen below, which were a fun surprise to try!
Greyhounds
highly approved of all treats and are currently enjoying the bacon skin
chews. Treats are all made in the USA and are highly quality brands
that I feel good about giving the girls.
You
can get the small/medium size dog packages for $19.99, and the
large/Xlarge ones for $24.99. I love the surprise of these monthly boxes, but Pets Love Toys showed me that it can also be a lot of fun to pick the box you think
your dogs will love the most! I browsed around for a long time because
all the packages look like so much fun, so your choice may be
challenging. They sell both monthly boxes and "anytime" boxes that you
can purchase with no membership required. You can get your Pets Love
Toys box here: PETS LOVE TOYS!
So after getting these for a couple months which one is your favorite? Which one is the best value? I thoroughly enjoyed reading your blog on this!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Michelle! I'm pretty in love with Pawalla. You just get so much stuff, all great quality. They are all good, and I love BarkBox as well. But Pawalla's inclusion of quality wet food plus giant boxes makes me love them. Value always tends to be much more than what I paid and the items are really well thought out!
DeleteGreat review! I searched for a while trying to find out which was the BEST pet subscription box out of the one's on the market and I finally came across this page. Thank you, Pawalla it is!
ReplyDeleteGlad you enjoyed it, Bree! My pups love Pawalla, and I'm sure yours will too. :)
ReplyDeleteThis was very helpful. I had tried Barkbox for two months, but my Siberian husky has such a sensitive stomach that we weren't using the treats given and the boxes had mostly treats in them. So I've decided to switch to petslovetoys for the toy benefits. Thank you!
ReplyDelete