SEARCH THIS SITE:

February 2013 BirchBox Review

My review of BirchBox this month is an especially good one. This was box 25 (there were at least 40 that we know of!) and I really feel it was one of the ones I would have picked if I'd been given the choice. The winter weather (a major storm) wreaked havoc with BirchBox shipping this month, so some of us got the boxes around a week later than usual. I love it this month, so it takes some of the sting out of the long wait, however.
 Inside my BirchBox was the following:

Dermablend Professional Quick Fix Concealer: This was a full size product that retails for $23. Designed to conceal undereye circles, dark spots, and scars. I got the Tan shade, which is exactly right according to my profile information. Either they paid attention to my profile this month (possible but unlikely...) or I lucked out and got the right shade (highly likely.)

Vasanti Brighten Up! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator: A 20g sample that is quite nicely sized. A facial cleanser with microderm crystals and papaya enzymes that buff and brighten skin.

Twistband Thick Headband: This is a headband for your hair that could be double or tripled up to be a ponytail holder. I actually quite like this, it's comfortable in my hair. I always buy metal-free headbands and ponytail holders since they don't snag or rip your hair anyway, so it's nice to be introduced to a new brand. A lot of subs send these out these days but somehow I've never gotten one yet!

Juicy Couture Couture La La: Perfume sample that BB is quite fond of sending out. It's a nice scent - blend of mandarin, red currant, lily, and orange blossom.

Votivo Pink Mimosa Candle: It's tiny (a bit bigger than a tea light) but adorable. This little candle tin holds a very nicely (but very lightly) scented candle that mixes strawberry, mandarin, and gardenia. The scent throw is not particularly good, which means I won't be buying this brand.

Ghirardelli Chocolate: A square of caramel-filled milk chocolate. Presumably a Valentines day treat, albeit quite a late one.

The concealer alone made me happy with the BirchBox this month, and I will enjoy everything. The perfume sample is the only thing I'm just not thrilled with but this is purely because I have a bucket (yes a literal bucket. It's a pink glittery bucket but a bucket nonetheless!) full of perfume samples and it's taking me a while to work through them.

Want your own BirchBox? They are $10 monthly, and you can get on the waiting list (currently around a one month wait) here: Birchbox


2 comments:

  1. Wow, this a great combination of products for just $10. I got a Twistband Headband in mine and I just love it...so much that I just went ahead and ordered the whole pack from the Birchbox site.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Been seriously contemplating using my points on exactly the same thing! LOVE this thing. So simple, but so awesome lol

      Delete