SEARCH THIS SITE:

Pawalla Review March 2013 + Pawalla Discount Code!

Jade investigates the new Pawalla box.
It's always an exciting mail day when Pawalla arrives! This is one of my favorite subscription box reviews to do because my dogs get so excited to explore all their new goodies. I am very excited about this month for several reasons, starting with the toy: The biggest toy we've had in a Pawalla box yet! It's an inch worm and is equipped with a rattle, squeakers, and grunt noise makers. I had to fight off the dogs to snap these photos, so it's a big hit here.

The inchworm toy from Patchwork Pets is absolutely adorable and my favorite toy from a pet subscription box yet. It's super soft and very nice quality.
The Zukes Lil'Links are a full sized 6 oz. bag of Rabbit&Apple treats. They're grain free and contain rabbit, apples, carrots, potatoes, Rosemary, Tumeric, and Sage. Rosemary has been found to help reduce development of cancerous tumors, hence its inclusion. Made in the USA.
              The Beer-Bones are very natural,just four ingredients. These treats contain brewers grains and whole wheat flour for their magnesium, phosphorous, and other mineral benefits. Also included are peanut butter and eggs. Wholesome, healthy, and yummy (so say the greyhounds.) Made in the USA.
The four cans (5.5 oz each) of Weruva wet dog food are a wonderful way to spice up dry dog food. I use the Pawalla wet foods as a "topper" by putting a few tablespoons atop their food each night. The foods are grain free and are low calorie with limited sodium and carbs, so they can be enjoyed by most pets. We got the Steak Frites, Lickin Chicken, Funky Chunky, and Amazon Liver varieties. 




I was certainly excited to see the NaturVet Time Release Glucosamine (60 count, full size) bottle. Buying supplements can get expensive and I really feel great about giving them such a good brand. Glucosamine is good for adult dogs of any age since it helps prevent arthritis pain and keeps hips and joint lubricated. I like to give glucosamine to my dogs once they reach senior status, or even before.  Fortunately my super senior Flirty (she's 13.2 years old!) gobbles these down easily. Jade (my 8 year old) has to be coaxed to eat supplements. So I'll be covering these in peanut butter to get them in Jade's tummy.





The Natural Paws Sweet Pea's Active Paws is a 1 oz. bottle of a formula for healthier paws. It helps to heal worn or cracked paw pads. Exposure to frozen pavement, walking on salted roads, walking on very hot pavement, or walking on any rough surface could cause painful paw pad issues, and this formula prevents and heals at the same time. Made from organic natural herbal extracts and essential oils. Will be trying this soon. Last year Jade tore her paw pad at a St. Paddy's day parade because we did a whole lot of walking that day. I wish I'd had this handy product back then!








Pawalla has never let me (or the greyhounds) down. My favorite thing about them may be the variety: Always wet food, always a couple types of treats, always a great toy, and they seem to always find some items that makes the pet parent's life easier (this box, that was the Natural Paws oil and the Glucosamine.)
Flirty selects the treat she wants to try first!

The boxes are always packed full, and huge. You can subscribe to Pawalla for $29 per month (cancel anytime,) and you can get the Pawalla Mini box (same type items but about half as much) for $17 per month.

You get get a $6.50 discount on your Pawalla box by following my link: PAWALLA
You should not be prompted to enter a code, a message will appear to let you know you're getting the discount.

Are any of you getting Pawalla? Do you dogs love it as much as my girls do?


 
 


6 comments:

  1. Excited to get this box... my first one at that!!!! Hopefully Jack will love it as much as Jade and Flirty do!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think he will love it Sarah -- this toy is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been debating about getting a box subscription service for my pets. I have 1 cat and 2 dogs. The cat I am not too worried about. We get his fancy treats and toys pretty inexpensive. The older Boxer is pretty laid back and doesn't really play much. She also has a sensitive stomach, so eating the wrong thing will keep her up all night. The baby is a 6 month old Chihuahua Pug mix who get in to everything. She would most likely benefit from it the most. I assume these box services go by the size of the dog?? Do you think this one is the best out of all the ones you review?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chrystal, The boxes do go by the size of the dog, usually s/m/l being the choices. That being said, you'd probably be able to go with a Medium or Large dog box and have treats they could both enjoy. Pawalla is one of my favorites partly because I enjoy getting the wet dog food cans -- BUT if your big dog has sensitive tummy you'd probably not want canned food in there. BarkBox and Spoiled Rotten Box are both very good options that don't send out canned food and focus more on treats, etc.

      Delete
  4. Hi Jennifer, I signed up for a one-month deal for my two pugs with the Mini box. I want to try it out and see how they do. I keep them on a grain-free diet because they have sensitive bellies and it looks like for the most part this is a pretty good box for my little high-maintenance boys! I followed your link so hopefully you will get some Pawalla cash to spoil the girls with and Stewie and Otto thank you in advance for writing a review that finally convinced Mommy to sign up! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi MikkiDawn, thanks so much! I hope the pug boys Stewie and Otto will love Pawalla as much as Jade and Flirt do. I think it's a good box for dogs with sensitive tummies since the products are very high quality and they always give us great background info and ingredient lists on each treat! Please let us know what you think when you get your Pawalla box. :D

    ReplyDelete