Beauty Box 5 (Beauty Box Five, technically) is a monthly beauty box that sends out 4 - 5 makeup, skincare, and/or haircare items to subscribers for $12 each month. Although it's in the same general price range as Ipsy and Birchbox, BB5 is carving out its own niche in the world of beauty boxes. In general, this box tends to be lighter on the makeup and send more body care, hair care, or face care items than Ipsy or BB do.
 |
| May Beauty Box Five |
This month's Beauty Box Five was actually quite a nice one because we got a full size item worth considerably more than the box costs, plus some very nicely sized samples.
 |
| Beauty Box Five unboxed |
 |
| CoolWay Transform Styling Spray (very large 3.3 fl oz deluxe sample): This heat protectant spray can prevent blow drying and flat iron damage (up to 299 degrees F) AND it can cut blow drying time in HALF. I am highly impressed with this so far. I've used it once and my blow drying time really was cut way down. When you have long hair like I do, this is a huge benefit. |
 |
| Modelco Black Eyeliner w/built-in Sharpener (Full size, retails for $18): Big, big, fan of these Modelco built-in sharpeners. The liners have quite nice staying power, and while I am hardly in desperate need of another black liner, it will always get used eventually. |
 |
| Ferro 24K Eyeshadow: The surprise of the box. It is truly stunning. |
|
 |
| The color in the pot looks nothing like the color on skin. It's called 24K, and it really lives up to its name. A true gold. This was a very tiny amount placed in a quick swipe. |
 |
| Even after a lot of blending, the gold color remains true. I am normally not a big fan of loose pigments as I tend to make a real mess with them. However, for color this stunning? I'll make an exception. |
 |
| Jean Pierre Tanning Towelettes: Not a big fan of self tanners in sub boxes. Some of us are dark already, some people prefer a light skin tone, and some people just don't like to mess with trying to apply self-tanner properly. These towelettes do seem like a fairly foolproof option as self-tanners go, but I'd much prefer if BB5 would have replaced these two packets with another small sample. The LaFresh Deodorant Wipes: I actually kind of like these because they are a great emergency kit inclusion. However, I would never admit this to BB5 if they asked me. Why? Because I am TIRED OF LAFRESH IN SUB BOXES! I like LaFresh quite a lot, but I have received it in no less than four different sub boxes in the last few months. Enough already! It's like the new tea bags or something. |
In spite of my whining about the last couple items, I'm thrilled with the first three inclusions, and they are worth considerably more than my small $12 investment this month. This is fun little beauty box that always delivers some quality items. Interested in Beauty Box 5? You can try it out here!
Beauty Box 5 It's just $12 per month, and you can get 3 months for $30.
Opinions stated in all site reviews on
SBT are entirely those of the author. SBT does not accept monetary
compensation for reviews. However, some boxes reviewed on SBT were
provided free of charge in exchange for an honest evaluation of said box
and products. Some posts on SBT
may contain affiliate links or referral links. Please view the site
disclosure in its entirety in the "About/Contact" section.
great that you have so many reviews up. Have you seen my book, "How to Start a Subscription Box Company"?
ReplyDeleteIt's on Amazon and on http://boxmonthly.com.
I might try Beauty Box Five since I like body care products more than make- up. The Ipsy bag I got was nice. However, when they sent me the buff concealer when I clearly told them that I have dark skin, I felt they did not read my profile.
ReplyDeleteI might look into Beauty Box Five since I like body care products more than make-up. I liked my ipsy package but they sent me buff in the concealer when I clearly stated in my profile that I have dark skin.
ReplyDeleteI NEED that styling spray. My hair tends to get split ends when I blow dry it. Please take a look at my Beauty Box Five review and let me know what you think: http://valiablereviews.com/beauty-reviews-2/beauty-box-five-review/
ReplyDeleteI would like to say that your post is wonderful. We can learn many things from it. You have done a good work. Thanks for posting.
ReplyDelete