The Flicker Box is a candle subscription box that gives all of us wax addicts a chance to sample high quality artisan candle wax from a variety of different vendors. Flicker Box only features vendors who are the smaller artisan companies you won't be able to find in the mall or in the big venues: These are the high quality hidden gems! The box is $32 per month, USPS priority mail shipping included.
I've long been a candle and tart lover, but I am really picky about having great scent and a fantastic throw (how far the scent carries.) When I heard about Flicker Box I was quite interested because I wanted to get a box of yummy scents in the mail (of course!) This box did not disappoint as I could smell a lovely gentle sage-like smell even before opening the box.
 |
| Two layers of yummy candles were inside the Flicker Box! |
 |
| The scent was already great when I opened it! |
 |
| The Flicker Box contents for the month of June. |
 |
| Bluecorn Naturals pure beeswax candles: These tealights came in an adorable burlap drawstring bag! These are from their aromatherapy line and are in the "Sensuality" scent. Palmrosa, ylang ylang, and patchouli. Very relaxing and quite potently scented. The cold throw is nice but the hot throw is really great, especially for a tiny tealight! |
 |
| Oil&Wax brand glass jar candle (4 oz): This Pomegranate Sage scent candle is awesome! I have been fortunate enough to have this scent before in a 3-8-1 Candles lotion bar, and while it's hard to describe it is really great. Creamy, and a nice blend of sagey and sweet. |
 |
| Lit&Co travel candle ( 4 oz): This 100% soy Fresh Herbs scent candle is so wonderful! I've never had a candle scented like this, but I'd call it a very fresh scent, a little forest-like, and with a great sweet undertone. Burning this right now, it has super throw. |
 |
| This lovely trio of candles is from Armadilla Wax Works of Flagstaff AZ (one of the most beautiful places on earth). The yellow is Phoenix Morning Tea (Sweet and reminds me of honeysuckle, yummy), green is lemongrass (very fresh, fairly light scent), and purple is lavender (excellent lavender, a pure lavender scent.) Only problem is that they are too pretty to melt! The lovely glass votive cup is from Anchor Hocking and was handmade in upstate NY. |
 |
| Coastal Candles tealights: I was initially hesitant about what kind of combo Sage & Citrus would be, but I'm now a fan. The citrus notes are more prevalent to me than the sage, but it's a nice balance. |
 |
| A Flicker Box branded matchbook, a guide to this month's candles, and cards from some of the candle makers. |
Flicker Box was really a fun experience! If you enjoy trying out artisan candles, the really unique and special candles out there, this would be a good choice for you. Want to try a Flicker Box subscription? Get it here:
Flicker Box!
Flicker Box is giving away three different great prizes that include a variety of wonderful candles from both Armadilla Wax Works and Big Dipper Wax Works. You can enter to win here:
Flicker Box Giveway!
Opinions stated in all site reviews on
SBT are entirely those of the author. SBT does not accept monetary
compensation for reviews. However, some boxes reviewed on SBT were
provided free of charge in exchange for an honest evaluation of said box
and products. Some posts on SBT
may contain affiliate links or referral links. Please view the site
disclosure in its entirety in the "About/Contact" section.
I love candles but shipping them is so expensive, doubt there is something like this for canada and even if there was I'd be better off going to the store. silly heavy items!
ReplyDeletewritingwhimsy.com