This was definitely a winner month of
BirchBox for me! I took a peek at my box contents ahead of receiving it, so I knew the items well before doing this June BirchBox review -- I was definitely stalking the mailman!
This month was the first with a new BirchBox image, which included both a website overhaul and a new box. The
new website look fantastic, and the new boxes are pretty cute too. They're very similar to the old ones, just a new logo in white and a cute pattern inside the box now. But, you're wondering how the products are, right? Well it was a pretty good month. Most items I loved and one that I'm not as happy with.
 |
| Color Club mini nail lacquer in the shade "London Calling."(7ml mini size) This is a very pretty pale minty green from the Wanderlust Collection made exclusively for BirchBox. I've found the CC formulas to be either fantastic or streaky-awful, so I'm really hoping this falls in the former category. |
 |
| LaQa & Co Lip Pencil (.07 oz full size pencil): I was very excited to see this in the BirchBox, but then I got a better look at the color. It is very, very, bright. I love the adorable packaging, it's a nice size, and it seems like a good formula however the color I am just not sure about now that I've swatched it. |
 |
| Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask (2.4 fl oz sample size): This is a pore clearing mask that I've heard is excellent for oily skin. Can't wait to try this one out tonight. |
 |
| Oscar de la Renta "Something Blue" perfume sample: It's not great, it's not awful. Just okay. |
 |
| Origins VitaZing SPF 15 Moisturizer (.05 fl. oz foil packet, single use): I've heard excellent things about this moisturizer, and I was really happy to receive two products from Origins in this BirchBox. I'll use this following the charcoal mask! |
BirchBox is $10 per month and will send you 4-6 samples that include
makeup, hair products, bodycare products, and lifestyle extras. You can
earn $5 in credit each month just for reviewing your products on the
BirchBox site, and the credit is good for any item in the BirchBox
store. The waiting list for BirchBox is normally around a month, and you
can get on the list here:
BirchBox!
Opinions stated in all site reviews on
SBT are entirely those of the author. SBT does not accept monetary
compensation for reviews. However, some boxes reviewed on SBT were
provided free of charge in exchange for an honest evaluation of said box
and products. Some posts on SBT
may contain affiliate links or referral links. Please view the site
disclosure in its entirety in the "About/Contact" section.
I didn't love my box this month:( I don't think I've ever received a lipstick, which is a bummer, and I've checked my settings. Luck of the draw, I suppose. I was also supposed to be getting something else from Oscar de la Renta (an eye product, maybe?), but got the fragrance instead. I do really like Birchbox though, and have purchased sampled products from them.
ReplyDeletePreppy Mom, if you didn't get an item listed on your "Box" page on BB, (like the perfume rather than the eye product) I'd definitely contact them and let them know. I've found BB to be great with customer service. They sent me two wrong samples one time (not the ones I was supposed to get) and were really helpful, sending me the right ones immediately!
ReplyDeleteI just bought a charcoal mask on ebay actually, can't wait to test it out! hope you likes yours too :)
ReplyDeletewritingwhimsy.com
I love the charcoal mask! It was a bit challenging to remove but so worth it. Skin feels great, clean, soft .... and not oily at all. May have to buy this one full size.
Delete