However, the reason I took the box this month rather than skipping was the DD cream: This "dynamic do all" cream is meant to be the evolution of the BB and CC creams. it contains a sunscreen and smooths out skin appearance, diminishes redness, and gives a more flawless finish in general.
The DD cream comes in four tones, all of which are fairly dark in my opinion. If you are a super white girl, the light looks pretty darn dark for you, so I do think a couple of lighter shades should have been made. The concealer comes in three shades, and again they may be rather dark for those with very pale skin tones.
The Modern Beauty package contained both the DD cream and the DD concealer. Since they are priced at pretty high price point ($36/cream and $32/concealer at regular Julep prices), I felt this box was a good value for $20.
The DD cream and concealer were smaller than expected, especially the concealer. It's tiny!
| As small as the concealer tube was, it gets worse: It was only about half full. |
The extra this month was salt water taffy, three pieces in lime, chocolate, and strawberry. Very good taffy and all, but pretty big letdown after last month's adorable hair pins extra.
I'll use the products, but these particular Julep items are not something I'd repurchase. Back to nail polish next month, I think! Julep's got great polishes, and I love their body products. Unfortunately, I'm not a fan of the makeup so far. Looking forward to a better July Julep Maven box!
Want to try Julep? You can grab your first box for free!Julep
Opinions stated in all site reviews on SBT are entirely those of the author. SBT does not accept monetary compensation for reviews. However, some boxes reviewed on SBT were provided free of charge in exchange for an honest evaluation of said box and products. Some posts on SBT may contain affiliate links or referral links. Please view the site disclosure in its entirety in the "About/Contact" section.
Skipped this month and don't regret it, hopefully July is something special... though I am tempted by the mystery boxes!
ReplyDeletewritingwhimsy.com
I got It Girl (Bess, Char, Nan) and I added on Bunny but the shimmer just is not showing for me. :(( I've heard several people say the same thing about the DD cream, this month was not nearly as good as last.
ReplyDeleteMy tubes were both only full like a third, and my concealer was not enough to even use but maybe twice. It had only about two little foil packs worth. Julep messed up bad this month!!!
ReplyDeleteI was quite surprised when the tube was mainly full of air! Julep has never let me down like this before so I am hoping we're back to normal next month. :/
DeleteI too got the DD creme and was very unhappy with the tiny amount of concealer and foundation....I also am fair skinned and the light color was waaayyyy too dark :/. Hope it gets better but no more DD creme for me!
ReplyDeleteThat is exactly what I was thinking: What if a quite fair skinned girl got this? She'd be really mad! While I am darker skinned myself, it was pretty obvious to me just from glancing at the shades that they didn't cover the full range of skin tones with the DD cream line.
Delete