SEARCH THIS SITE:

July BirchBox Review

BirchBox has been good to me lately, and this month I was genuinely excited about all of the products except for one. For a while I was getting some less than exciting boxes, and I switched the details on my profile to reflect the highest income bracket (rumor has it this nets you fancier samples) and listed face cream as my "splurge" item. After the switch, I've gotten a nice balance of makeup and skincare, so for me this formula has really worked well!
July BirchBox products
Instain Powder Blush from TheBalm: I was so excited to get this sample! It comes in a little magnetic case and, like all of their products, has adorable packaging. The color is called "Swiss Dot" and a little goes a long way. It's a stain, so once you put it on you won't have to reapply all day long in my experience.
BirchBox Bobby Pins: These are quite large and wide bobby pins that really hold well. BB sells them in packs of six, which includes a green pair and a blue pair of bobby pins. Minor whine: I wish I'd received the blue ones. Might just have to order them!
Benefit It's Potent Eye Cream (3.0 g): I've heard great things about this product -- namely that it truly combats those dark under eye circles. This is a very generous sample size that came in a nice glass jar. Thus far, I've used it for two nights and I'm looking forward to seeing how it impacts the dark circles, especially when I'm up all night and look like the walking dead.
DDF Acne Control Treatment (0.5 oz): This is a salicylic acid product made especially for adult acne. I've used it for a few days and I don't see any particular difference. This is the only sample I was not really excited to get because I already have a favorite acne product that I'm thrilled with. My acne product "holy grail", Evologie, really is amazing, and BB does sample it sometimes.
Number 4 Super Comb Prep & Protect: This is a super hydrating leave in conditioning mist. It's protection from heat (blow dryers, flat irons) and has UV shield built in. I've tried this once so far and I like the way it leaves the hair feeling "normal" -- some other leave in conditioner products tend to make my hair feel weighty and icky. So far I'm liking this.
BirchBox is $10 per month and will send you 4-6 samples that include makeup, hair products, bodycare products, and lifestyle extras that do not count toward your beauty sample total (occasional protein bars, etc). You can earn $5 in credit each month just for reviewing your products on the BirchBox site, and the credit is good for any item in the BirchBox store. The waiting list for BirchBox is normally around a month, and you can get on the list here: BirchBox!

Opinions stated in all site reviews on SBT are entirely those of the author.  SBT does not accept monetary compensation for reviews. However, some boxes reviewed on SBT were provided free of charge in exchange for an honest evaluation of said box and products. Some posts on SBT may contain affiliate links or referral links. Please view the site disclosure in its entirety in the "About/Contact" section.

7 comments:

  1. Is there an article on about how to get a better box, if so that would be awesome and I would love to read it. Birchbox hasn't been the greatest to me lately, thinking I need to update mine as well. Great box you got this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea for an article, Amy. That is one of those questions I hear pretty frequently, so I'll work on writing that.

      Delete
  2. This is the same configuration I received and I was very pleased. Definitely products I will use!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really happy with it, and thought the sample sizes were great this month too!

      Delete
  3. Ooh, I would have loved the Benefit in my box as well as the stain. You did well! I'll have to try your neat little trick to see if I can improve my Bb success.

    Karen
    http://unpackthebox.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to see a post about how to get boxes as good as this because I need some tips. I've had two boxes so far but I need to make mine better, I would love this one or the others I see on here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm just finishing up the article on this, it will be showing up on SBT in early August ;)

    ReplyDelete