WataNut is a new healthy snack subscription box that focuses on nuts and nut mixes because nuts are so valuable nutritionally: Nuts are full of heart-healthy fats, proteins, vitamins, and minerals. Unlike other snacks (cookies, chips, crackers, etc) nuts tend to be a filling snack that will give you some sustainable energy, not just empty calories.
WataNut costs $25/monthly and sends out four unique mixes in each box, with the total weight of the box being over 1.5 pounds. The portion sizes are up to you, but obviously it is best if you don't scarf down a whole container at once. Fortunately, the filling nature of nut mixes means that it is easier to regulate eating and stop when you're full, at least in my opinion!
 |
| The WataNut Box: I liked the packaging because it was very secure and there is a low chance of the mixes getting damaged. |
 |
| A Walk in the Woods: A sweet mix. As you can see, the ingredients for each mix are clearly listed atop the container. |
 |
| This mix was delicious and I liked how it had some huge chunks of nuts mixed into the granola. I'm a big fan of Brazil nuts and so this mix made me happy. |
 |
| Thru-Hike Mix: This is a mix of cranberries, roasted almonds, and roasted salted cashews. |
 |
| The Thru-Hike mix was okay but definitely not my favorite. I'm not a huge
cashew fan so I kind of picked through this mix. I liked the roasted
almonds a lot. |
 |
| The Happy Nut: This is a container of roasted salted pistachios in the shell. |
 |
| Loved this the best! I am a huge pistachio lover (I even love pistachio ice cream) and these were so good that I had to really restrain myself from eating them all the same day I received them! |
 |
| Wild Bill's Buffalo Mix: Buffalo peanuts, unsalted peanuts, buttermilk ranch pretzel bits, and sunflower seeds. |
 |
| This was such a surprise! I had not realized this would be a sweet and hot mix, but it's so incredibly good. The buffalo peanuts are sweet but they are also really spicy hot. When they're mixed with all the other stuff it is a perfect balance of sweet, salty, and hot -- this is a mix I'd buy again and again. |
 |
| Wood Nickel included in the box, so cute! |
I think that WataNut is a really great subscription box service, and I think it offers something rather unique. I really like the quantity you get. For the price point, I think it's quite reasonable.
The only thing that I would like to see WataNut do differently is their nutritional info. The problem for me is that I don't know what I am eating in terms of calories, fat grams, etc. I'm accustomed to reading labels on everything I eat because I am rather obsessive about calories - and there were not any nutritional info labels on these. My best guess is that each of the containers has at least four servings, maybe as much as six servings going by the "handful or one ounce" rule that I usually use for nuts.
I absolutely LOVED these nuts. I am most likely going to continue getting WataNut and I'd highly recommend it. While it has some similarities to other snack boxes I get, it is really very different because I know I'll always get nuts, which is one of my top "go to" healthy snacks. Want to try it out? Use the WataNut coupon code GONUTS25 for 25% off your first box here:
WataNut
Opinions stated in all site reviews on
SBT are entirely those of the author. SBT does not accept monetary
compensation for reviews. However, some boxes reviewed on SBT were
provided free of charge in exchange for an honest evaluation of said box
and products. Some posts on SBT
may contain affiliate links or referral links. Please view the site
disclosure in its entirety in the "About/Contact" section.
No comments:
Post a Comment