SEARCH THIS SITE:

Julep Maven Review: September Julep Maven Cityscape Collection



Julep Maven sends out nail polish boxes each month, usually with a beauty product from their own brand included. Julep is now making everything from hand lotion to BB cream to hairspray and beyond. This month saw the introduction of two more products, a new mattifying primer and the  Bare Face cleansing oil. The polishes were a refreshing change from the never ending parade of cremes that Julep seems to have -- while the cremes were certainly there, we got some absolutely stunning microglitters. The microglitters were so beautiful that I had to go for the upgrade to the full collection this month, plus get an addon.

The Boho Glam colors: Tatiana (L) and Kristy (R). Tatiana is a deep burnt orange that will be perfect for nails going into the fall months.

It Girl colors: (L-R) Candace, Josephine, Catrina -- Candace is so incredibly stunning. I like Josephine for fall.
The Bombshell colors: Karmen (L) and Daria (R) Karmen is my second favorite of the microglitters this month. A deep, almost brick red that looks perfect on nearly anyone.
The Classic With a Twist colors: Padma (L) and Florence (R) I am not loving Florence at all, but Padma is a beautifully deep purple shade.
Reece -- add on! Beautiful! Definitely my favorite this month. Just look at how beautifully it reflects light.
The Bare Face cleansing oil is something I'm very pleased to get this month. I've been looking at oil cleansing systems for a while now and have been very curious. My skin is oily in the T-zone and I always felt that using oil cleaners would only worsen it. Apparently this is not true, and the cleansing oil will actually help return the skin to a proper balance and thereby lessen oil production. Sounds good to me, hope it works!
Blank Canvas Mattifying Primer: This is another new Julep product that I'm interested to try. I've had primers that ranged from the horrendous (Pixi primer) to the awesome (Benefit)... hopefully this will be closer to the awesome. The mattifying aspect intrigues me since I've recently become addicted to Youngblood Anti-Shine mattifier thanks to BirchBox.
Overall, I really liked Julep this month. The only significant drawback was that they didn't really include an extra like hair clips or other products. Even in the bad months, they'd throw in something like a few pieces of salt water taffy, so the one polish remover pad this month seemed pretty bad in comparison. I still like Julep, but Bondi New York is hot on its heels and if they continue to be so awesome, I think Bondi could be the top polish box very quickly.

If you want to give Julep a try, I'd recommend getting in on the first box free deal. Just enter the code FREEBOX here: Julep!


Opinions stated in all site reviews on SBT are entirely those of the author.  SBT does not accept monetary compensation for reviews. However, some boxes reviewed on SBT were provided free of charge in exchange for an honest evaluation of said box and products. Some posts on SBT may contain affiliate links or referral links. Please view the site disclosure in its entirety in the "About/Contact" section.

No comments:

Post a Comment