Ipsy gave us quite the varied bag this month. Now, these huge variations among bags can be either oh-so-great or pretty bad. This month there were some fantastic products in the mix, such as Butter London polish and Cailyn lip gloss. While this bag didn't feature either of those, it did have some decent products. Every bag had three items that could vary from other bags, so here is what arrived in my Ipsy Glambag this month!
 |
| Ipsy Glambag September 2013. |
 |
| J Catt Lipstick (full size, retail $2.49): This is an...interesting shade called "Honeycrisp." I honestly thought this was concealer at first glance. As much as I love a nude lip, in my opinion this is really too nude if such a thing is possible. My friend Steph calls this the "Zombie Lips" look, and I must agree. I had been hoping to get a great Cailyn lip gloss rather than this. |
 |
| Starlooks Kohl Eyeliner (full size, retail $12): This is in Obsidian, which is black. It's a decent eyeliner. I'm not a huge Starlooks fan generally, but I'll add this to my black eyeliner pile. Not an exciting addition to the bag for me personally. |
 |
| Elizabeth Mott It's So Big Volumizing Mascara (4 ml, retail $8): This seems like a good mascara from a brand I've never tried. So far I really like it -- goes on easily and not too thick. It does seem to add some nice volume to my lashes so this may be something I'll purchase in the future. |
 |
| Skynn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels (two packs, retail $7.50): I've had these from Little Black Bag before and I think they're wonderful. I was really pleased Ipsy sent two sets. These are very cooling gel packs that helps tighten and firm skin around the eyes. When you're tired and look your worst, these are a great weapon for your beauty arsenal. |
 |
| Nyx Eyeshadow (full size, retail $4.50): This shade, Cryptonite, is described as a glittering black but to me it seems much more gray. I like Nyx shadows, they are pretty well pigmented but I do advise primer with these for the best wear results. They sent out a large variety of shades, so I was pleased to see a wearable shade in my Glambag! |
 |
| Really loved the bag this month! A great color and adorable pattern. One of the cutest Ipsy bags this year in my opinion. |
Overall, it was a decent month for Ipsy but far from the best. If I had the Butter London polish in the bag, I'd likely be raving about its awesomeness BUT after all this "luck of the draw" thing is one of the components that makes subscription boxes so much fun. I love the surprise! Maybe I didn't think this particular Ipsy was my favorite, but chances are high I'll fall madly in love with the Glambag products next month, and I still found several items I do love in this bag.
For just $10 per month, Ipsy is hard to beat. Deluxe size beauty samples, quite often full size products as well, makes it a fantastic bargain for anyone who loves makeup, or even anyone wanting to learn more about makeup and beauty. Get yours here:
IPSY!
Opinions stated in all site reviews on SBT are entirely those of the author. SBT does not accept monetary compensation for reviews. However, some boxes reviewed on SBT were provided free of charge in exchange for an honest evaluation of said box and products. Some posts on SBT may contain affiliate links or referral links. Please view the site disclosure in its entirety in the "About/Contact" section.
No comments:
Post a Comment