SEARCH THIS SITE:

October BirchBox Review: Birchbox Beauty Box!

BirchBox has been sending some really good beauty sample boxes to me this year, and I'm happy to say that the trend continues with this one. While really good it's not GREAT -- however it does have a few truly great items! There are usually around 40 variations of the Birchbox boxes, and typical boxes have five items per month. For $10 per month, I think it's a great deal!  This Birchbox review covers my October Birchbox. 
October Birchbox
Pop Beauty Aqua Lacquer (full size, retail $14) This UK brand has been appearing in subscription boxes more frequently lately and I really like the brand. The gloss is called "water light" thus the name "Aqua Lacquer." It includes Vitamin E and Jojoba oil for extra hydration. Love this gloss because I find it non-sticky and it stays on the lips for a long time in my experience.
Supergoop Sunscreen Serum (3 ml, retail around $3): This is a nice sized sample that will give me multiple uses for sure. It is both a moisturizer and a broad spectrum sunscreen (SPF 30). Supergoop fights those fine lines, wrinkles, and even sunspots. I have sampled this in PopSugar Must Have before and really do enjoy it. I like the combination of SPF and anti-aging for convenience.
Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion (around 3ml, retail around $4): This is a home alternative to professional microdermabrasion and I'm very impressed with it. After trying it out once my skin feels smoother and looks better to me. This product can help with skin discoloration, fine lines, and skin smoothing. It can, however, cause some tenderness and it is wise to stay out of the sun directly afterwards, especially for the delicate skinned or pale folks.
Atelier Cologne Orange Sanguine Cologne (the full size is $95 (!!), this is a sample vial worth around $10!): This cologne is actually one I've been curious to try. It is an extremely highly concentrated blend, with a 15% concentration. The cologne is citrussy smelling but has deeper more robust notes. This is a wonderful scent, which I like best as a summer scent. Includes blood orange, bitter orange, jasmine, and sandalwood.
Chap Stick 8 Hour Hydration Lock (full size, $2.99 retail): This chapstick was an extra that doesn't count as one of our official samples, so I'm perfectly happy to try it out. It has hyaluronic acid and CoQ10 to help lend a plumper, smoother look.
 I'm quite happy with my BirchBox this month because the PopBeauty Aqua Lacquer full size gloss thrilled me -- it was worth $14 all on its own so it more than paid for the whole box (BirchBox is only $10). The other items were just "gravy" and I'm quite happy with it all.

BirchBox has a couple of big advantages: They give us some really high end samples, and they have an AWESOME reward program. Each month you can earn $5 in credit in the BirchBox store just for doing super quick reviews of your box products. It's so much fun to save up those BirchBox points for an item that you discovered and just can't live without. BirchBox

1 comment:

  1. We received the same box! Birchbox is my favorite subscription box and one of the few I haven't cancelled. While this month wasn't my fave, I was still pleased overall. :)

    ReplyDelete